2nd All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail

Reaction score
I did my second all grain today. The 1st went alright, I got an efficiency of like 65 or so. I got my grains from the LHBS and the crush was horrible. There were a ton of whole grains still intact. I mashed outside and it was freezing, so my temperature dropped a considerable amount during that time. I ordered my recipe this time from BMW. I could tell a huge difference in the crush. I mashed inside the house and didn't lose 1 degree!! Everything went perfect and I ended up hitting an efficiency of 85%. My recipe was only for 70% but I'm pretty happy that I now know I can get that high of an efficiency. I added some water to try to bring it down somewhat but it didn't do much. At least now I know I can base my recipes on a higher efficiency! Can't wait for the next batch!

Hell yeah :rockin:

I had the same thing happen 3 days ago! had some low eff. issues trying to hit 70 and came out with 84.95!

Cheers :mug:

Back