24 Turbo Klar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREGORGREGOR

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience using either of these to clear a cloudy batch. I would wait longer but I am moving. This is my first time so I didn't know how long I would have to wait for it to clear without finings.

I have fermented a Coopers Pilsner kit in a 5 gallon fermenter. I need to get this bottled within a few days for move. Gravity has been the same now for 2 consecutive days.

Any advice tgat could help me as the instructions are terrible.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Forgot to attach photo on original comment!
1526659466097.jpeg

I've never seen those brands, but 2-part fining packets like that are often kieselsol and chitosan. The brand I'm more familar with is KC Super Kleer:
9051-lq-super-kleer-finings.jpg

I have used it a number of times. It will drop clear in less than 24 hrs usually, I've never seen it take more than 2 days...

Edit: I did a quick Google on both of the items in your pic, and the 24 Turbo Klar is definitely the same as Super-Kleer (kieselsol and chitosan), but for some reason, even on the Youngs website I couldn't find an ingredient list. (Maybe it's on the package...)

To answer the other part of your question, the packets are added separately, the first one (kielsolsol) is added and gently stirred, then the 2nd one (chitosan) has to be dissolved in an ounce or two of water, then added. I seem to recall that you wait an hour or two between additions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back