23 tip jet burner questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

Just bought a new 10 gal style Brutus set up. It has 3 23 tip jet burners on it. I have a few questions for those of you that are using it with propane:
1. Are you using high pressure or low pressure? I'm not finding a lot of consistent info.
2. How are you plugging the ports to reduce the heat? I heard you have to plug them off in pairs across from each other. I'm also curious what the proper "plug" would be.
3. I have a model 226800, anyone else have the same? Any feedback or suggestions?

Please don't post about how the 23 tips is way to much and all that if you have never used one, I've read through those posts. If you have specific experience with propane and the 23 tip (especially the one I mention) i'd love to hear about it - even if it is negative.

I was thinking about swapping out the middle burner for a less intense 4" banjo burner. I have 3 of these on my other equipment and have worked well. I figured that burner might work best for mashing.

Stepping up from 5 gal to 10 gal batches.

I have a 0-30 adjustable regulator I was looking to attach.

Back