200 Gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I piss on the limit. no I don't come anywhere close to hitting it for that matter, but unless you have more than 200 gallons on hand at any given moment you really have nothing to worry about.

they CAN'T prove how much you have brewed throughout the year. now unless you are brewing and illegally selling your beer I am sure you won't have anyone knocking on your door.

-=Jason=-

From what I've read, it's 200 gallons of anything fermented. This includes beer, wine, etc...

You can look up the specifics for your state here...

For Virginia...

I've been over the acutal code that this link calls out for VA (there is a VA legal page) and it is still unclear about the 200 limit. However, it will be some time before I make that much as last year was big at about 25 wine and 20 beer.

A note on Giving in VA, you are allowed to give away no more that 1 gallon per person over 21 that you give to. I don't know how that applies to a party at your house, presumably this is given away in the context of gifts for consumption at a later date than the date of the gift.

Back