20 Questions: Beer Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kevin009 said:
Is this an American style? or France?

It's equipment dude. Sometimes used on brew day. Sometimes contacts wort. Sometimes stainless sometimes brass sometimes threaded sometimes not. And that was 2 questions :drunk:

Qhrumphf said:
Is its primary function for a day other than brew day?

Sigh...

Sometimes.

I know you said "primary" function, but many brewers only make use of it on a day other than brew day, though many other brewers only do so *on* brew day. Others make use of it on brew day AND otherwise, and still others don't make use of it at all (generally noobs).

*sigh* ok so it's some kind of metal device, I hesitate to refer to it as a fitting, but it does transfer liquid, both finished beer and wort, it is metal, both brass and SS, it is sometimes threaded, and is not generally used on brew day but might be. Damn you emjay.

bottlebomber said:
*sigh* ok so it's some kind of metal device, I hesitate to refer to it as a fitting, but it does transfer liquid, both finished beer and wort, it is metal, both brass and SS, it is sometimes threaded, and is not generally used on brew day but might be. Damn you emjay.

A few things...

It's not *always* metal, but it usually is.

And to say it's "not generally used on brew day" is probably incorrect... I didn't say that.

I'll give you a hint, but I feel it might be giving it away: though I have seen threaded examples, it's generally just due to a cheap/ghetto setup.

Nope.

I'll give another hint: The reason so many answers are "sometimes" is because they're used both with brewday vessels and other vessels as well.

It's not an obscure item at all... I thought this would actually be an easy one.

It's strange, dip tube was running through my head early on, but I discarded it for some reason. In those grounds I'll go ;)

If it IS equipment: used on brewday?

If not: Ingredient?

bottlebomber said:
It's strange, dip tube was running through my head early on, but I discarded it for some reason. In those grounds I'll go ;)

Maybe because I said it was threaded? I was mostly referring to people using elbows or street elbows as a ghetto diptube.

Though as I mentioned earlier, you understood a few things in a way I did not actually say, so maybe you had eliminated it at first and just didn't un-eliminate it after I corrected your misunderstandings.

emjay said:
Maybe because I said it was threaded? I was mostly referring to people using elbows or street elbows as a ghetto diptube.

That's the picture I had too, a ghetto hardware store diptube. For some reason I discarded it as too easy.

It is equipment.

It is not used on brew day

Used for bottling kegging?

Deos anyone else get a lag when typing in messages now that the foum has been updated? It's really driving me nuts. After I type something it takes a few seconds for the text to appear.

I have had all kinds of things happen since they've updated, such as once there was no cursor, the letters just appeared and after a 1/2 second lag. Garbage.

Not used in bottling or kegging

Back