20 Questions: Beer Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBL_Brewer said:
Dude, that's 3 guesses. You're supposed to wait for your first question to get answered before you throw out another one. :mug:

He got it right (stir bar), but he blatantly broke what is arguably the most important rule of all. And he's been playing the game for quite a while; he's not exactly just a noob unfamiliar with the rules.

Since you spoke up and pointed it out, I'm awarding it to you, if you're okay with that. Not because I'm upset, nor to "punish" him, but rather just as a deterrent, and as a strong reminder that will hopefully remain difficult for anyone to forget. If that weren't the case, it would be far simpler for me to just lie and say you - or anybody else - got it right, or even just change my answer.

If it were any other rule, I probably wouldn't care at all, but it's incredibly unfair to other guessers - not just because it allows someone to guess more frequently than anyone else, but also because it exhausts the 20 questions far more quickly, potentially ruining it for everyone else (ESPECIALLY since they were straight up guesses, rather than deductive questions that at least help others a bit). In fact, I'm the only person who wasn't disadvantaged by it.

Anyways, I'm declaring you the winner in what I feel is the best interest of the game, so there's no need to feel guilty about "stealing" his turn. If he or anyone else is somehow upset about it, it's all on me, so I strongly encourage you to just go for it.

Apologies for making what is probably the longest post in the thread. And now, without further ado...

You're up! (Sorry Brewsmith... no hard feelings :eek:)

That seems like a reasonable and non-conflicting solution. I made this thread in hopes of finding a bit of fun on HBT when you've exhausted all of your subscribed threads. I worried that rules would cause squabbling but it seems like we can handle this in an amicable fashion.

Ingredient?

Back