2 Vessel BruControl RIMS 15 Gallon Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just want to make clear. For my RTDs I have the correct cable. I just want to make sure it's going to be okay for me to use that cable (I think it's microphone cable) if I use that bare wire as the ground. So for the 3-way valves where there is going to be a 24v open, 24v closed and ground, I'm okay using that bare wire as ground? And then with the proportional valves.

I am not using this cable for the hydrostatic pressure sensors or RTDs.
sorry misread , you answered my question.

I misread “cable” for connector. Anyway you really should not use that cable - it might work but you don’t want to introduce noise by using a ground wire as a signal wire.
I will only be using that ground wire for ground.

No brucontrol panel yet, but I expect to start making progress on that very soon.

However, I am using my new kettles, unitank and glycol chiller for the first time today. I'm a few minutes away from mashing in!

Small water test run yesterday was good. Steam slayer worked really well, but I feel like it was producing quite a bit more water than expected. I'm using a 9gph nozzle. I'll have a better idea today as I'll actually be paying attention to time while boiling. Happy either way as it is such an awesome solution to brewing indoors.

Latest posts

Back