2 tier vs 1 tier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good info! this helped a lot thanks. Oh ya and another thing i wanted to ask was how do you tell the efficiency of a mash ive been seeing this everywhere, but have no clue how people come up with these percentages...:confused:

Braukaiser has a really good article on this. It should tell you everything you ever wanted to know about efficiency :)

MrH

Sounds about right to me. I'm still waiting for someone with a brewmagic to figure the same thing out and hack off 14" of the legs.

Still need to upgrade my account so I can post pictures but that's pretty much my exact setup. But 3 NG Banjo burners. Up top left to right goes HLT,MT then down to the BK. So the MT can gravity into the BK and I can pump from the HLT to MT if I want to fly sparge. Well even for batch sparging I'm pumping into the MT. The top of my two kegs up top are less than 5 feet high , being 6 feet tall I can very easily look inside them or stir the mash.

I think this is what I will be building this weekend... and those are the same burners I just ordered yesterday! Any final advice? (oh ya and I'm not gonna have my casters sticking out like that...).

DSC_0038-3.jpg

This is what I'm leaning towards as well. My only concern is using a pump for draining my my mash to my BK. I'm worried too much suction might cause channeling. Is this just pish posh in my head?

I'm thinking since the sparging process is slow the pumps won't be running strong enough to form any channels in the grain bed. Pretty much just running enough to pump what drains out should be harmless.

Back