2 tier rig; DIY special

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atl_sud

Reaction score
Using ideas I found on various boards I finished my 2 tier stand today.

P1010066.jpg

Just need to get some cement board for the bottom shelf and the space to the left of the HLT burner. I plumb in the gas lines for my next enhancement.

That looks a lot like mine! You might consider a wood block or something to put under it in the middle for when it is full. I found that I accidentally bent an L piece while moving mine. I thought it could handle falling a few inches as the wheels went over a step. Also, a corner to corner flat piece (or two, or three) will help keep it from becoming a parallelogram.

I drew up a couple suggestions to improve rigidity, strength and safety. The last thig you want is 10 gallons of 170 degree water falling on you.

erector_help.jpg

IMHO,
I would put the cross braces shown above and another pair of casters in the middle. Or, you could go with Coasterine's suggestion and set a 4x4 under it each time. But it definately looks like it will sag.

Thanks for the improvements to the design. I will definitely be implementing them before the next brew.

Back