2-Row Malt Vs. Pale Ale Malt Vs. Pale Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrmStlkr

Reaction score
What is the difference?

A recipie I am going to use calls for Pale Ale malt (2.0 SRM) and I am using Beersmith to replicate the recipie. Beersmith has the choice of Pale Malt (2-Row 2.0 SRM) so I chose that when replicating the recipie. However, when shopping my local homebrew shop online I found the following two choices that could match.

2-Row Malt and Pale Ale malt. The 2-Row malt does not have an SRM associated with it and the Pale Ale malt has a 3.2 SRM value. I am getting confused as to which one I should be using for this Wheat recipie and as well as which homebrew shop choice correlates with the Beersmith Pale Malt (2-Row 2.0 SRM) choice. I have a feeling the answer to both of my questions is the 2-Row Malt but wanted to run this by you guys first.

Thanks for all your help.

There all about the same thing probably just produced by different malters you could use any of them in your beer and get very similar results

Back