2 Keg Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuatu

Reaction score
Brewers,

My first post here and I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with the knowledge sharing on this site. I'm new to brewing since Jun 2013, but I've quickly become addicted to this new hobby and I'm already up to 15 all grain brews, so I wanted to share my pics of my little baby that I created for my home-brew. I'm hoping to upgrade this to a bigger 4 keg Keezer in the future once my messy garage is cleaned out.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Build looks great! I like the silver painted collar. Question: Is that your temp probe poking it's little nose in from the backside of the collar? Since the air will loose it cool much faster than 5 gallons of liquid, you might end up running your compressor more often than needed and possible freeze the beer. If it's not, don't mind me.

There's nothing better than pulling a pint from your own taps of your own beer.

If that is indeed the probe, and that close or touching the wall of the freezer, his beer will be warmer than indicated or selected, me thinks.

True. I guess if it was more towards the middle it be the opposite, but I'd imagine the radiating chill from the side wall would chill the probe faster than liquid.

looks good. and in regards to the other posts about the temp probe, if its submersible put it in a small bottle of sanitizer/water mix to keep your beer regulated at the temp you want, or tape it to the side of one of your kegs with some bubble wrap on the outside.

Thanks guys. Yeah that lil probe was just posing for the picture there. I actually have it pretty much in the middle of the Keezer about half way down to get a good solid ambient temp read. So far the temp has been pretty good and beer has been awesome out the tap. I plan to replace the dual CO2 manifold with a quad so that I can add a counter flow bottle filler for "On the go growlers".

Back