2 different beers, same taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Ok here is my problem. I have AHS's holiday ale in the keg right now, its carbed enough I believe, and when I pulled the first sample the other day, it tasted just like the beer that was in the keg prior to the holiday ale. Which was the AHS American Wheat.

How can these 2 different beers taste the same? I'm thinking it has something to do with the keg, since they were in the same keg. But I cleaned out the keg with UBC for 20 minutes on each end. So it was sanitized, and after the UBC, I put starsan in it. I pressurized it, and ran starsan through the tubing as well.

What are yall's thoughts?

check your water. that will create a "trademark" taste for your beers. i recently switched to bottled water for all my brews.

This would explain why my beers that are made with walmart bottled water dont taste like this. Thanks.

I guess the hefeweisen carbing in the other keg will taste the same. :(

yeah, i still have two batches i'm afraid to taste. they're supposed to go into bottles any time, but i don't want to waste the effort if they have the same chlorophenols my other beers did.

Back