2 Carboys, 1 Batch, Different Krausen???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
A Celebration clone. 36 hours in.

I brewed 10 gallons of yum, split into two carboys for fermentation. Both carboys pitched with about the same amount of starter, nothing different EXCEPT after flame out I did not stir the wort (although the rolling boil does a fine job of mixing things up imho). I'm wondering if there was a stronger concentration of fermentables near the bottom of the kettle and therefore have a different Krausen for this reason.

Or I'm nuts. They are both kicking the blow-off container's a$$ and accidentally got a gas-off high changing the blow-off sanitizer.

:mug:

Think there's a problem? Will I run into two different beers?

2014-11-06 15.25.03 HDR.jpg

Nothing to worry about. In my experience with hoppy beers the krausen has a healthy mixture of cold break/hop goop/trub whatever you want to call it. The krausen of the second fill carboy just has a higher concentration of it. Should finish the same, maybe even a little clearer, if brulosopher's post about trub is correct.

What recipe did you use?

Nothing to worry about. In my experience with hoppy beers the krausen has a healthy mixture of cold break/hop goop/trub whatever you want to call it. The krausen of the second fill carboy just has a higher concentration of it. Should finish the same, maybe even a little clearer, if brulosopher's post about trub is correct.

What recipe did you use?

Thanks for the info. I'll report in a few days. Here is the original and my Beersmith printout of my Celebration Clone Brew. The figures in Beersmith are not final, obviously.

CELE 1.jpg

2014-09-27 12.58.33.jpg

Please do. My wife said she already saw this year's release in stores. Oh how I hate how early Christmas stuff comes out. Makes sense, since they're using fresh hops. Best to get it while it's fresh, I suppose.

Back