• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vermont 2-Burner/3-vessel stand and a freestanding single burner for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beertroll

Reaction score
Heya, folks. I have some propane equipment that I would really love to get out of my basement, since I went electric a while ago. I'm in southwestern VT (Shaftsbury, specifically), so if you're in the general area and interested in either of the following items, please let me know.

First up is a homemade 3-vessel, single-tier stand with two 65K BTU banjo burners. The stand itself is made of slotted angle iron, and sits on 4 wheels. It'll probably look familiar, as I got the idea from a thread here. I don't remember the exact weight rating of the wheels, but when I built it I made sure they could handle at least half again the weight of the stand, my equipment and 45 gallons of water. There's a spot in the center to mount a pump or two.
The burners each have their own master shutoffs and needle valves for adjustment. For the windscreens, I copied the dimensions and placement of the Blichmann burners as best I could; they work really nicely. It's possible to run both burners at once, though you sacrifice some output from both when you do. It's sufficient to start heating the first runnings up while also bringing sparge water up to temp, but you can't do two hard boils at once. I'm not sure if the limiting factor is the regulator or piping, but I never found it to be a problem.
I'd really like to get $200 for it, as I have that into the regulator and gas piping alone. It won't fit in my car, so the buyer would need to pick it up from my house. If you're interested and have a question or a specific picture request (no nudes), let me know.

WP_20180115_11_27_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20180115_11_27_21_Pro.jpg

I also have a freestanding single burner for sale. I think it's one of the old Midwest Supplies hurricane burners, but it's been so very long that I've forgotten. It has some surface rust from sitting unused, but it's a solid little bugger. It's a great beginner burner. I'm asking $25 for it.

WP_20180115_11_19_54_Pro.jpg

That's a pretty nice setup. Surprised you've had no takers. What are the dimensions of the cart?

That's a pretty nice setup. Surprised you've had no takers. What are the dimensions of the cart?

54"w x 17.5"d x 27"h

It worked really nicely for me. I just got sick of being at the mercy of the weather, since I don't have a garage. I also have a poorly maintained dirt driveway, so I'd spend forever finding a level spot to brew and constantly worry about dropping hoses into the dirt and mud. For somebody with a flat, finished surface to work on, this rig will be fantastic.

Bumpity bumpity. Come on, there must be somebody in southern VT, western MA, or upstate NY who can provide a good home for this thing.

Back