$2.00 5 Gallon Food grade buckets from Firehouse Sub shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chello

Reaction score
Was in my local Firehouse Sub's yesterday here in Knoxville, TN and they have some of their "pickle buckets" sitting out that they will give you for a $2.00 donation to some charity.

They are food grade, come with lids, and the ones i saw showed no signs of odor.

$2.00 seems like a good deal to me for a versatile use item.

And they're red!

We have a FireHouse subs here in Houston. Maybe I will stop in there today and see if they have any.

Thanks

Preston

It sounds like a great deal but I have never been able to get the pickle smell out of those buckets. Even after a long bleach soak....pickles. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that.

Nurmey said:
It sounds like a great deal but I have never been able to get the pickle smell out of those buckets. Even after a long bleach soak....pickles. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that.

I agree. We have some 7 gallon ones at work that I can't seem to get the funk out of.

I've called a LARGE amount of the businesses around me (many, many donut shops and bakeries, resturants, deli shops) and no one seems to have 6.5gal buckets.

I think I found only one deli that may have 6.5gal ones but thats all..

I got a whole bunch of them from Sam's club, they charged me a dollar a piece and only had icing in them. Your local Wal mart bakery should have them too.
Edit: 5 gallon buckets that is.

Back