1st time Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveJLow

Reaction score
Hi

I just purchased a brewing start up kit and a brew house red ale kit. I'm about to start brewing this weekend and would love some advice, is there instructions on the kit or can someone give me a step by step guide to help me out for this 1st time.

Thanks

The best way to start is by reading and here's a book that is online, thanks to John Palmer. www.howtobrew.com

He has a newer edition with some changes in it but the online one will get you off to a good start. Then if you have specific questions you can come back and get answers here.

The Brewhouse kits are all pretty easy to use. The hops are already dissolved the bagged wort. Just add water to reach 5 gallons then add yeast and stir. Once that is done, cap with the airlock and wait to start fermenting. I do recommend checking out the site above or reading a book. It definitely helps explaining the details that will help you understand the process in the long run.

-Jeff

Have you started sanitizing yet???

I kid, I kid...but seriously, have you started sanitizing yet???

Back