1st batch in secondary Y E S

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEPABREWER

Reaction score
WOW - I am so hooked. I think my days of buying beer are over. I made a half assed attempt at an oatmeal stout from part of a recipe I found on this board. I didn't follow it exact, but anyway - I siphoned the stuff from my bucket to a carboy and it smelled great.
I dumpet what was left sitting on the trub into an 8 oz glass and although maybe it wasn't quite as stouty as Guiness - it was better at 65 degress and flat than alot of other beers I have sampled. Whew hew! I love this. I've got to go study for finals now. Rock on guys thanks for all the support. I just wanted to share my little bit jubilation with you all.
Can't wait till its bottled, carbonated and chilled.:)

Good job. I think I always bend the recipe a little here and there. Sounds like youll have a great batch. Most people think I am crazy but most of the beer I make, I drink at room temp. Either from a keg or bottle. I believe that if it taste good a room temp. Its great all around.

Congrats! I'm new to the hobby myself (only 2 batches at drinking stage) but both times that first taste was such a cool sensation, like "hey, I can't believe I just did that!" Between homebrewing and wrenching on my Jeep, I can't imagine 2 more satisfying manly activities :D

congrats!! i know when i tasted our first brew..even flat and on its way to the 2nd fermentor i was like.. DANG i made that!!! cant wait to be drinkin my own.. definately my days of bought beer are probably OVER

Lest we forget, buying beer is a great way to get new ideas for making beer!

I'm finally brewing again after four months off for garage construction.

Back