1l smart water bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to be one of those few people that skipped bottling all together and went straight to kegging. I dont really fee like going out in the snow tomorrow to pick up a darn bottle capper and all i have is like a bunch of empty smart wate bottles waiting to be recycled. I might force carb in a keg then put them in the bottles with biermunchers beer gun thingy

I'd just wait till the weather got a little better. It's not going to hurt the beer to sit in the primary longer.

Look on the bottle and see what type of plastic it is. There are a good many people that like to bottle in PET bottles because of the convenience.

Well it says its type one so it is PET. The only thing im worried about is if it can hold pressure. Perhaps a test with yeast and sugar water? Then again i have seen them use these bottles for those water rocket thingys

Well apparantly these guys can hold 100 PSI for about 20 seconds witha hydrostatic water test. So im guessing they could hold 15% of that for a long time

i've bottled in waterbottles before..... it wasn't for long term storage or anything.. None of my beer I ever bottled was in danger of being in that state for more than 2 months max. I'd do it, but that doesn't mean its right tho :) I haven't had much success with Biermunchers no-gun bottling thing tho :(

Back