16.1 in the books. Any other crossfitters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any suggestions on good core workouts for someone who had back surgery? I really need to strengthen my core and specifically my lower back. I'm also having a hard time losing the weight I gained in a year and a half of not being able to do much of anything.

Anyone have any suggestions on good core workouts for someone who had back surgery? I really need to strengthen my core and specifically my lower back. I'm also having a hard time losing the weight I gained in a year and a half of not being able to do much of anything.

Back extensions (i wouldn't push the weight at first) for...back. And boxing is still the best for core that I've tried.

Good job everyone on 16.2!!!

I was only able to get 89 reps my first try, did decent on the t2b (broke them up 9, 8, 8), didn't do horrible on the DU, but singled my squat cleans and missed it by one rep. Tried it again about 20 min later and flew through the t2b but ended up taking 2 minutes todo the dang double unders. Once I get mad at them it's hard for me to focus and get back in a groove. But I did touch and go on the squat cleans the second attempt and did a set of five, set of three, then another set of three before time ran out.

I'm going to do it again tomorrow and pray I can zip through my double unders. Then I'll probably touch and go on my squat cleans sets of three with one big deep breath before each set. I at least want to touch the dang 185 bar...

BT, I'd get with your coach and tell him what you've got going on. Maybe he can modify some stuff? Definitely don't do anything you feel is going to tweak anything though!

Back is tricky, especially after surgery. I'd start by looking into a sports rehab place. (Austin has one called airrosti. $150 for 15 sessions, and they give exercises to do, as well as break up soft tissue issues.) Basically start with a doctor or PT. Once your weak but normal, there a metric sh*t ton of exercises depending on what you want in the end.

Back is tricky, especially after surgery. I'd start by looking into a sports rehab place. (Austin has one called airrosti. $150 for 15 sessions, and they give exercises to do, as well as break up soft tissue issues.) Basically start with a doctor or PT. Once your weak but normal, there a metric sh*t ton of exercises depending on what you want in the end.

I've been through PT. I did about 10 months of PT, and my back is close to the normal range but I know I really need to strengthen the muscles in my back and lose weight to prevent future back issues. My main goals are just to get back to the 200lb 12% body fat shape I was in before. I'm just paranoid of hurting my back again. I can't afford a personal trainer or anything right now, I can barely afford the gym lol

Basically I've just been using low impact and machines at the gym with low weight and high reps. It's just frustrating knowing what I used to be able to do and what I do now, but I'll get back to my old shape eventually. Patience just never was my strong suit haha

I've been through PT. I did about 10 months of PT, and my back is close to the normal range but I know I really need to strengthen the muscles in my back and lose weight to prevent future back issues. My main goals are just to get back to the 200lb 12% body fat shape I was in before. I'm just paranoid of hurting my back again. I can't afford a personal trainer or anything right now, I can barely afford the gym lol

Basically I've just been using low impact and machines at the gym with low weight and high reps. It's just frustrating knowing what I used to be able to do and what I do now, but I'll get back to my old shape eventually. Patience just never was my strong suit haha

As much as we all hate them, have you thought about doing very light weight over head squats? Just doing multiple sets of like 20 with the bar or something?

Those hit my core and lower back like nobody's business because of all the stabilization going on. Just have to be sure to lock your shoulders up.

Just a thought though

As much as we all hate them, have you thought about doing very light weight over head squats? Just doing multiple sets of like 20 with the bar or something?

Those hit my core and lower back like nobody's business because of all the stabilization going on. Just have to be sure to lock your shoulders up.

Just a thought though

I thought about it but my doctor said no squats. I also had a torn rotator cuff... Basically I was royally messed up lol I actually was one of those weird people who liked squats.

I thought about it but my doctor said no squats. I also had a torn rotator cuff... Basically I was royally messed up lol I actually was one of those weird people who liked squats.

Eek! Torn RC would suck bro! I have to be super careful with anything OH cause of my shoulders. One wrong thruster and I'm out for weeks.

lol squats are definitely a love hate. Love it when you get strong, hate them when you have to go up and push harder.

Eek! Torn RC would suck bro! I have to be super careful with anything OH cause of my shoulders. One wrong thruster and I'm out for weeks.

lol squats are definitely a love hate. Love it when you get strong, hate them when you have to go up and push harder.

Haha yeah definitely a love hate thing but I always enjoyed. I'm also one of those maniacs that absolutely loves leg day lol

And yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend getting a torn RC xP I actually got the back and shoulder injury same day. I was rushing too much putting up 24 quart boxes of oil and 50 gallon drums and I was irritated at the same time because my employees were supposed to have done it the day before. I learned my lesson lol never put yourself in a position where you have to rush and always pay attention to how you lift stuff, especially OH.

Good morning CF Brewers! 16.3 in the books 23 reps RX. That was my goal and I did most bar MU I have ever done in one day.

Good luck! This weekend, and have a home brew:)

Got 58 Rx. I've never been able to get bar muscle ups during a workout until today. 16.1 and 16.2 were pretty rough for me so this was a nice confidence booster. Good luck everyone!

Well I ended up getting 36 reps and my first bar muscle up yesterday. So I can't complain too much. But boy my hands feel like I tried to hold onto a meat grinder!

Good job guys ,and good luck today or this weekend. Just finish 16.4. 171 reps. Words of wisdom, do singles for the DL, everyone at our gym that did touch and go had a much slower pace than those that did singles. Good luck guys and gal can't wait to here your results!

Nice job all around guys! Got 167 Rx today (10:54 tiebreak time). HSPU have always been a weak point for me, and today was no exception. Started DL with 15 unbroken and was doing my DL in groups of 5 reps at a time after that, but by the end of the round I had to back down to doing singles for the last 8-10. Good luck everyone!

This kind of workout makes a drop almost necessary for the DL. Save the grip and the back. As long as you drop evenly, you shouldn't lose a ton of time.

Well, nothing like sucking at the work out and then throwing up afterwards... That sucked. I didn't even get off the damn rower. Just wasn't with it today.

I just got done with 16.5 and it was a *****! Got 20:47 (Rx). Thrusters are a weak point for me and burpees just suck all together so it was pretty rough from start to finish. Good luck everyone!

Great job cekramer! That was a bear of a work out. I got 16:38 RX. The whole work out was like, can't wait to drop the bar...then burpees:(. Good luck to those who have not don't it yet, and remember keep moving!

Latest posts

Back