• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Louisiana 14.5 gal Blichmann Conical For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp1316

Reaction score
It's in good condition and I believe I've had it for 2-3 years. Looking over my brew notes it looks like I only used it for ~5 batches. I don't really brew that often anymore and on the rare occasion I do brew a 10 gallon batch I almost always separate it out to do two five gallon comparison experiments with them (different yeast, different amount of dry hops and so on), so I never really end up using it. Here's my listing on craigslist - http://neworleans.craigslist.org/for/4673039554.html. I don't want to deal with shipping this, so local pickup only (you might be able to convince me to meet you half way if you don't live too far away). As mentioned in the listing the price is $700 or best offer. Let me know if you have any questions.

9/23/14 - Price reduced to $600.

Got family in Baton Rouge I haven't seen in a while. Might be time for a road trip.

Can't open CL from this computer apparently 'cuz I run a proxy and anti-ghosting. First time for that, but I can't read your ad. What model do ya have? Bells and whistles make a big difference on their fermenters. Tri-clamps, wheels, thermometer, blow off, etc. Brand new base model is $625 to my door for example.

Here are the pictures. What you see in the pictures is what's included. In addition to all of the basic things that are included with these it's a tri-clamp model and has the leg extensions. It also includes some high temp hosing and what I believe is an additional tri-clamp for attaching the transferring hose to the racking arm (I don't think that it was included with the conical, but I'm not positive).

edit - the conical was not cleaned up for these pictures...it was always kept in this condition as I cleaned and sanitized it immediately after every use and it was always stored indoors in my fermentation chamber.

IMG_20140917_150305353.jpg

IMG_20140917_150315413.jpg

IMG_20140917_150325111_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140917_150332954.jpg

IMG_20140917_150428028_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140917_160129631_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140917_160328415.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. Very nice set up, unfortunately not quite the value for my intended use that it likely would be for someone else (don't need the legs but do want the blow off).

From Blichmann's website - "Easy-to-Clean Weld-Free Fittings: All fittings used for the bottom dump and rotating racking arm are stainless steel, high-quality industrial fittings. Because our fittings can be removed from the tank, they are easy to clean and replace as well as sanitize, boil or autoclave. Last, but not least, weld-free fittings allow you to orient the dump valve in any position you desire."

Back