12 Beers of Christmas 2022 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Landed ! @GoodTimeCharlie
1A1DE21A-3658-40CF-9164-3A0AB0FA548D.jpeg

Arrived in good shape. Thank you. I was working on my laptop putting final touches on my label and it blipped off. GAH! The last time this happened I was able to recover so fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 61275D83-6240-48FA-92B6-7B17116FF26E.jpeg
    61275D83-6240-48FA-92B6-7B17116FF26E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Looking forward to this one. The green type was a little hard to read, can you post a close up of the label?View attachment 807905
Didn’t understand the scale when creating these. 🙁

The green text says “Old Ale conditioned dried cherries, pineapple, mango, raisins and other fruit typically found in fruit cake with a splash of Flòr de Cana rum”

So I’ve had at least one of all the beers I’ve received so far and they’ve all been great.

I am already looking forward to next year!
I haven’t tried anything yet as I’m waiting on a full set. Plus, I bought 2 different Advent beer boxes. 😀

Glad to hear they’re all good. I didn’t hate my contribution on its own but also didn’t think it was an Old Ale.

I am looking forward to trying these.

Well, I’m sad to say that no one is getting their beer from me before Christmas. I apologize. I’m in the middle of packing the boxes, right now. I’m not going to burden you with the reasons for the delays, they happened at every step. Now some crappy weather and coastal flooding is upon me. The beer is pretty tasty and I’m including a can of stout from a local brewery to atone for my tardiness. @jerbrew your delivery arrived this mornin, thank you! Merry Christmas everyone !
:bigmug:Not exaggerating about the flooding ☹️
900BBE06-2F31-4E4A-93FE-EE89E160F57A.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I’m sad to say that no one is getting their beer from me before Christmas. I apologize. I’m in the middle of packing the boxes, right now. I’m not going to burden you with the reasons for the delays, they happened at every step. Now some crappy weather and coastal flooding is upon me. The beer is pretty tasty and I’m including a can of stout from a local brewery to atone for my tardiness. @jerbrew your delivery arrived this mornin, thank you! Merry Christmas everyone !
:bigmug:Not exaggerating about the flooding ☹️
View attachment 808553
Stay safe, good luck and Merry Christmas!

So I went to sams club this morning and when I walked in they had fruitcakes on clearance right as you walked in and it got me thinking. When making the fruitcake Old Ale what about making the old ale and secondary it on an actual fruitcake or 2?

Thoughts? Am I crazy! Did someone try this already?

So I went to sams club this morning and when I walked in they had fruitcakes on clearance right as you walked in and it got me thinking. When making the fruitcake Old Ale what about making the old ale and secondary it on an actual fruitcake or 2?

Thoughts? Am I crazy! Did someone try this already?
DO IT! I'll be your test bunny.

It might get an oil slick on top from all the butter/hydrogenated oil they probably use in that cake. But you're not looking for head retention anyway. You're looking for fruitcake! And if you break it up and toast it even more you might be able to mitigate that too.

So, this was quite literally the only beer I brewed in 2022. It was a very busy year for me.

That being said I would love any feedback on the brew. Like I said earlier, I didn't think it was bad but I wasn't completely happy with the end result. I am also, like I'm sure many of you are, pretty critical of the food/beer/anything I make.

Anyhoo, I am going to start breaking into these slowly and taking notes and sending them to you as I drink them. Nothing fancy, but I'm kind of stoked that there were actually 12 beers brewed and shipped this year. It's pretty cool

...I'm kind of stoked that there were actually 12 beers brewed and shipped this year...

I'm still waiting on two beers. My heart goes out to Hoppy and her travails this Christmas season. Whenever, or never, is fine with me; just take care of your home. I also haven't received the Lambic. Jerbrew says he got everything... maybe the 'porch pirate's' ripped me off.

I've been guarding these beers... saving them for I don't know what. But I did drink one of the Gruits... it was delicious... well done and thank you.

Hello brewers, the packages that will travel the farthest have been shipped today. Arrivals are expected to CA on 1/2/23 and arrivals to TX and MO 12/30/22. I’m making another trip to the shipper on Wednesday to send the rest.
I haven’t yet been in my garage (no cars in there) but that aside from an iced water logged yard, will be the only water damage we incurred.
I didn’t get the lambic either.

Okay, packages within NY, MA, and PA should arrive tomorrow. VA and NC should arrive 12/30.
@Funky Frank yours is ready to go, but since you apparently haven’t shipped and haven’t communicated with the group about when you’ll ship I’m holding it back. I do hope all is well with you, so let us know what you’re up to when you’ve got a chance. Apologies, if I’ve over stepped my bounds.

Abbey arrived today! Unfortunately had my first casualty of this round, looks like the cap failed on it. The other two and the bonus beer are fine though! My goal is to have tasted all of the beers by the end of the weekend.

I also would appreciate feedback, moreso on the Hoarfrost and Imperial Stout that I threw in since I don't consider those beers to be failures, but am interested on any potential feedback on the scorched Dunkelweizen as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Abbey arrived today! Unfortunately had my first casualty of this round, looks like the cap failed on it. The other two and the bonus beer are fine though! My goal is to have tasted all of the beers by the end of the weekend.

I also would appreciate feedback, moreso on the Hoarfrost and Imperial Stout that I threw in since I don't consider those beers to be failures, but am interested on any potential feedback on the scorched Dunkelweizen as well.
Wow, sorry about that, and I’m glad the bag contained the spill. Maybe the tape around the cap strategy is helpful in keeping the cap from being disturbed as the package gets tossed around, because it wouldn’t be strong enough to hold the pressure.

Wow, sorry about that, and I’m glad the bag contained the spill. Maybe the tape around the cap strategy is helpful in keeping the cap from being disturbed as the package gets tossed around, because it wouldn’t be strong enough to hold the pressure.
No worries, it happens! Not really sure what went wrong, believe it or not, the box actually looks like it got a white glove treatment from FedEx, even the little paper tag with my address that you had put on with the little piece of painters tape was perfectly in tact.

But yeah, the bag worked perfectly, and reminded me why ziplocs are a good precaution. Saved a huge mess!

Back