12 Beers of Christmas 2021 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just giving this a bump to see how everyone is progressing along?

I will be packaging the Spiced Cherry Dubble either right before or right after Thanksgiving for early December shipping.

Is the group still intact or did we lose some people over the course of the year?

Im still here! My second batch is lagering and will be for another 2 weeks at which time ill keg off half and play with the other half. Ill be set to ship the week after Thanksgiving as well.

I blended the Crabapple Lambic with another sour wheat beer into a keg for carbonation. Tasted a sample last night, and the complexity blows my mind. The tannins from the crabapples are strong, but that just means this a beer for long term aging. The alcohol level of 10-13% doesn’t hurt either.

I’ve been slacking on this site lately because I’ve been busy. That said the spiced dunkel is bulk aging. I will bottle it this weekend. I also ordered the labels but had to use a different site because the site I normally used had a 6-8 week lead time.

I will reach out to everyone this week via PM to collect everyone’s address and then send them out to the group. I will most likely ship after the thanksgiving holiday.

I didn't want to have to do this, especially so late, but I'm going to have to drop out for this year. I've been sitting on the ingredients for a few months, but due to an injury I've physically been unable to do the work of actually brewing yet. I keep thinking I'll be back to brewing "any day now", but for this brew that day isn't coming as quick as I'd hoped and I think I've missed my window. So sorry everyone!

Bottling the Spiced Bourbon Stout (V 2.0) today. Will ship first week in December.

Here’s the label
610E07EE-7CA6-4085-9CE8-C7CA001EA8C3.jpeg

Last edited:
@jack13 and I were getting boxes together the other night. Should get them shipped out soon. Had a scare when carrying my bottles into his house, handle broke on the box causing it to hit the concrete. Only broke one bottle and popped the top to two other ones, so still had plenty of bottles.

The award for first package landed goes to @TBC
All bottles arrived safe and sound!
I’ll be bottling packing and shipping next week!
View attachment 751084

Yep, we got TBC's, as well.

Shipped out everything today. Learned that UPS will not ship a wine box, even though the one I was attempting to ship did not contain any wine or any other type of alcohol. Nope, definitely not. Luckily only one of the boxes was of that type.

Package received cold and ready to go from @grampamark. I love the ingenuity with the packing material. If I’m ever short on packing supplies I’m stealing that idea!

View attachment 752145
Popcorn takes a little time to process and package but it costs a fraction of what packing peanuts cost.

I included a bonus bottle. I hope I didn’t forget to put one in your box.

Popcorn takes a little time to process and package but it costs a fraction of what packing peanuts cost.

I included a bonus bottle. I hope I didn’t forget to put one in your box.

I got it thanks. Forgot to take a pic but it’s in the beer fridge and I’ll post it in the drinking thread. Maybe I’ll have to talk the wife into one of those popcorn machines on wheels for the future.

Back