100 Craft Beers in 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyJersey

Reaction score
I want to drink 100 different craft beers in 2011. I assume I'm not the only person on this site who keeps track of beers I have tried. For a while, I was logging my reviews at www.ratebeer.com, but I just found it boring after a while. I just keep a spreadsheet with the beers now.

So far in 2011;

1) 10 Below Ale by Scuttlebutt Brewing Co.
2) Imperial Porter (Brewmaster Series) by Long Trail Brewing Co.
3) Red Tail Ale by Mendocino Brewing Co.
4) Steelhead Extra Pale Ale by Mad River Brewing Co.
5) Robust Porter by Smuttynose Brewing Co.
6) Harvest by Long Trail Brewing Co.
7) New Dogtown Pale Ale by Lagunitas Brewing Co.
8) 60 Minute IPA by Dogfish Head
9) Brawler by Yard's Brewing Co.
10)Winter Ale by Alaskan Brewing Co.

I figure if I can average 8-10 different craft beers per month, I'll hit 100 by the end of the year.

Does anyone else do anything like this?

weirdboy said:
You mean, 100 craft beers that you haven't had before? Or just 100 different craft beers?

Just 100 different craft beers.

Maybe my challenge for 2012 will be a craft beer from each of the 50 states.

I haven't set that as a goal but I am easily at 20 or more for the year. I get a mix a six every Friday from a local liquor store that carries an amazing selection of craft beer. I never get the same beer in the sixer twice. I buy six packs of the ones I really like.

Sounds like a good plan...After thinking about it, I think I've been doing this without even trying the last few years Thanks to having an Old Chicago by me.

I haven't set that as a goal but I am easily at 20 or more for the year. I get a mix a six every Friday from a local liquor store that carries an amazing selection of craft beer. I never get the same beer in the sixer twice. I buy six packs of the ones I really like.

I want to find a place like that

Hmm well I don't have any place that will let me mix a six pack of beers, but I do try to sample lots of different beers. I wrote out a quick list of what I can remember drinking over the past month and I'm at about 20.

Hit up some of the brewpubs in NJ. I think there's about 13. Then you got the ones in NY and PA. You can easily hit 100.

I don't keep track of craft beers, but I map my brewery and brewpub visits on GoogleEarth.

Back