10 lbs Caramunich. Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowlingHog

Reaction score
Wife went with my list to the DHBS (Distant Homebrew Store) as it is 2 hours away and she had other business in that town.

She came home with everything I need for Denny Conn's Vanilla Bourbon Porter, (mmmmmmm good) but has Caramunich instead of Munich. I have the right stuff coming later this week via a travelling friend, but am seeking a use for the Caramunich?

Any recipe suggestions? I typically do two simultaneous 10 gallon batches.

Thanks!

If you like dunkelweizens then that's an option. The BYO Dunkelweizen uses 8 oz in a 5 gallon batch, I don't know how you would want to scale that to two 10 gallon batches but that would eat up a significant chunk of the caramunich pretty quick. Same with the BYO roggenbier uses very nearly 1lb in a 5 gallon batch.

Probably any beer that uses a medium 40-60L crystal you could replace that with caramunich and it will be good.

Or you could always send some my way since I didn't pick up enough last time I was at the LHBS :)

I find the Caramunich malts are nice in anything that calls for crystal. Assuming they aren't crushed, no rush to use all of it. Keep it on hand, maybe take a recipe you're familiar with and replace the crystal with caramunich to see how you like it.

Back