10 Beers Under $.50 a Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinCT

Reaction score
More beer has a list of 10 beers for bargain prices. The price includes the yeast! Anyone brew these and what is your opinion. I am thinking I may try a couple.

thanks, Mike

My last two kits were from Morebeer. I have brewed both but not tasted either. They are still aging. But I felt the ingredients and organization were good. Both hit OG and then some. Both kits were about $30 without yeast. But I will give one or two of the economy kits a try.

Mike, did you get the free shipping ? If so how long did it take ? Also how was the packaging on the kits you got ? What ones did you get ?

I did get free shipping. And I think it took ten days +/-. I am able to plan my batches so that 10 days is not an issue. I now have my fermenter brewing and the beer will take another 2 weeks. By then I expect to have a couple of more kits delivered from More beer.

Last time I bought American Amber at $29 and Porter at $30. Both kits have quality ingredients and both kits exceeded their OG. As I said they are still aging so no comment on taste yet. BTW these prices are with out yeast. So add two packets of Safale 05 to that. But I still think it was a fair deal...Mike

I just ordered four of them; at those prices it'll be worth a try!

I've made 10 or so of their kits. I've enjoyed them all. The only negative is that I prefer whole hops and their kits have pellets. At first, I bought from them because their kits are cheap and shipping is free. Now I just really enjoy brewing and drinking their kits. I'm kinda on an unofficial mission to brew them all.

To answer the shipping question: They state that the free shipping takes two to four days before it leaves their facility. Since they are in Cali and I'm in Washington (state), it takes 2 days once it leaves. I typically buy on Friday (payday) and it shows up the following Friday.

Their customer service is good as well.

Long story short; I like them.

I have brewed 2 recipes from Morebeer and I am happy with their packaging and ingredients. I have also noticed most of their recipes come with a Whirlflock tablet while other HBS do not include them in the kit. I have brewed their Vinnie's Blind Pig IPA witch is now Russian River's Blind Pig IPA and their Mike's Amber Ale.

Back