1 st graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssuchem

Reaction score
So last Wednesday I made my 1 St batch of graff. My recipe is as follows
3 cans ajc
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 chunk of ginger pealed and split
1 cinnamon stick
Small handful hops pellets. Like about the size of a small meatball. Lowest aa I could get
2 cups light malt extract
About 2 cups milled malt. I made a mix at my whole foods. 2 Carmel ones, a red one etc.
Enough water to fill to 1 gal
Us05 yeast.
So anyway I made the mash like I do in my beer. Boil hopps. Then add dme cook it a bit more. Strain and then into the jug. Then I added the sugar spices and mix. Then add ajc and pitch the yeast. Well it stopped bubbling a day or two ago. I confirmed today thatIt was done. So I tasted it and damn that was good beer/ cider thing. I think graff is my new favorite drink! So I back sweetened with ajc and bottled. Is that OK? It tasted good to me.? Gonna pasturize in a few days or so.

I've made a few bathes of graff and your recipe goes above and beyond what ever I have tried. Let us know how it turns out.

I've made a few bathes of graff and your recipe goes above and beyond what ever I have tried. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanx I most definitely will. I drank it flat and it tasted really good. Once it carbonates I think it will be my new favorite. I'm already planning on a cherry apple version. But with more red malt and a tad dryer. In about another week or so it should be pastuerized and aged enough to know if it was a success or not.

Back