1 more question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivs15

Reaction score
tree times now ive begun my batches in ale pales and there oviosly not air tight the air lock dose nt bubble so after thinking it wasent fermenting i tranferd it to my only glass carboy and plop plop bubbling away is there still enuff presure in there to keep the infetions out is there a trik to getting them to seal i kinda think its happening because ive been stuffing the lid in the bucket whene im sanitizing every thing and it kinda bends it out of shape

thay have the o rings and there pushed doun tight but like i said the air locks dont bubble in the buckets but thay do in the carboy it worrys me

Sometimes mine don't seal properly and I have to bang around the edges of the lid to seal.

If it don't make an airtight seal, I wouldn't sweat it. Chances are it will seal enough to keep anything out and let the co2 out of the primary.

it does bubble when i push down ive tryed puting heavy ojects on it even put 4 clamps on it just wont bubble out of the air lock

Back