1 brew 2 beers Pale Ale and Saison with White Peach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Sanchez

Reaction score
Hey fellow home brewers! I’m going to go over a simple recipe and produce 2 different styles of beer using 2 different dry yeast. I tend to buy in bulk. I always have dry yeast in hand. I’m sure some of you may plan a brew last minute on the fly but don’t have time to order any ingredients online or stop by your local home brew shop. This recipe was put together based on ingredients that I have on deck. Since I’m able to produce 6-12 gallon batches I decided why not produce 2 different beers off one brew. Since the weather is blazing hot out in Central Valley a refreshing flavorful Saison and Pale Ale would be quite satisfying and enjoyable after my 12 hour day of work. Here’s what I put together.

42 ibu
3 srm
12 gallon batch

Grain Bill
89.9% Weyermann Pilsner
6.7% Flaked Oats
3.4% Flaked Wheat

Hops

15 min
1 oz Mosaic 10.4 ibu
2 oz Azacca 23.1 ibu

5min
2 oz Galaxy 8.7 ibu

Water
saison water profile provided by waters brewer

Yeast
Belle Saison for 5 gallons
Us-05 for 6 gallons

I’m going to dry hop the 4-5 oz of galaxy for the pale ale.

Once the Saison beer reaches 1.020 I’ll add the peach purée I made from peaches my father grew.

Since I have a 1 gallon keg I’ll save 1 gallon of the Saison to not be added w the peach purée.

Hopefully I can brew this soon. I’d love to hear what you all think. Cheers!!!

I think it’s worth the experiment. My only concern would be that much hops overriding the flavor of the peaches and yeast in the saison.

I think it’s worth the experiment. My only concern would be that much hops overriding the flavor of the peaches and yeast in the saison.

Yea i did think about that. Also was thinking of splitting the batch at 45 mins so the Saison wouldn’t have that much hops. It is the high end of the ibu spectrum for the Saison style. I could just leave out the galaxy boil addition and save the galaxy hops for second dry hop addition.

Still haven’t brewed this yet. Tho I have decided that I will use Belgian Saison yeast 3724 from wyeast and imperial house. I’m adding 2lbs of rye and a lb of best Munich. Brew day is sept 1st.

Brewed over a week. Got 1.052. Hit 1.012 in 3 days. Day 5 added 5 oz of galaxy. It’s now at 1.008. Kegging in a couple days. Taste great!

The Saison was at 1.018 with in 5 days. Once I keg the pale and clean
My SS brew bucket I’ll transfer the saison to that fermenter and add my homemade white peach purée.

Back