• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oregon 1/2 bbl electric setup, kegging, bottling gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverZero

Reaction score
wCJn7wD_d.jpg

20-gal kettles, 5500w 240v control panel on a rolling stand, Chugger pumps, 2 chest freezers, 5 ball-lock Corney kegs, 5-lb and 20-lb CO2 tanks, about 230 clean and de-labeled Deschutes Brewery bottles (mostly classic ones with hop flower embossing around the shoulder), false bottoms, silicone hoses, lots of fittings, counterflow chiller, odds and ends.

Main brewery only (kettles, hoses, pumps, control panel, false bottoms, hop screens, box of fittings and extras): $1500
Corney kegs: $50 each, $40 for the blue (PRV lost)
20-lb CO2 tank - $80
5-lb CO2 tanks - $50 each + $25 for the regulator
Chest freezers: $100 for the large one, $60 for the smaller one
Grain mill: $50
Sanke keg with fermenting attachment: $120
Aluminum chiller: $40
Counterflow chiller: $60
Fermenting buckets: $10 each
Bottles: $50

$2000 for the whole kit.

Full album of items for sale: https://imgur.com/a/WUfx8

(I hope it's okay to refer to my CL post.)

https://bend.craigslist.org/for/d/1-2-bbl-electric-homebrewing/6392394159.html

I’m nowhere close to buy them but it looks like those are concord kettles and I was wondering how you liked the mash tun false bottom on those. I have a 20 gallon concord for a BK but was contemplating one for a mash tun as well.

Looks like a great set-up. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks.
-Zach

I’m nowhere close to buy them but it looks like those are concord kettles and I was wondering how you liked the mash tun false bottom on those. I have a 20 gallon concord for a BK but was contemplating one for a mash tun as well.

Looks like a great set-up. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks.
-Zach

The false bottoms worked fine but I had to make a riser to hold the center up under the weight of grain. It will easily collapse otherwise. These are the Concord false bottoms, others might be more sturdy.

Honestly, things got a lot easier when I switched to a big grain bag (voile polyester curtain panel sewn into a sack, $3 from Walmart). Better yet, get one of the good ones made by some of the folks around here. I'm DIY to a fault but wilser and the Brew Bag have great reputations. I'd opt for the teardrop shape myself.

The false bottoms worked fine but I had to make a riser to hold the center up under the weight of grain. It will easily collapse otherwise. These are the Concord false bottoms, others might be more sturdy.

Honestly, things got a lot easier when I switched to a big grain bag (voile polyester curtain panel sewn into a sack, $3 from Walmart). Better yet, get one of the good ones made by some of the folks around here. I'm DIY to a fault but wilser and the Brew Bag have great reputations. I'd opt for the teardrop shape myself.

Thanks for the feedback. Cheers.

Back