0 feet beer line!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdr01

Reaction score
I have a faucet attached directly to a ball lock keg. I get a large amount of foam. Maybe half a glass is foam. If I get a flow control faucet will that solve the problem?

It wouldn't hurt
Though, a picnic tap and 10-12 ft of narrow ID beer line coiled and ziptied to sit on top of the keg would be cheaper.

Carbonate normally, then to serve cut your serving pressure back to <1 psi or whatever barely pushes the beer out, just remember to reset back to normal storage pressure or else the beer will go flat as the keg empties

Carbonate normally, then to serve cut your serving pressure back to <1 psi or whatever barely pushes the beer out, just remember to reset back to normal storage pressure or else the beer will go flat as the keg empties

This was my understanding for those faucets attached to a disconnect fitting that are for parties. You use just enough pressure to serve.

My kit came with picnic taps on 5 foot lines they worked fine.

this is all a bit of an experiment. I think i will go ahead and add some tubing so I can keep the pressure up. I am putting this setup on a boat. I think with the movement if the pressure is reduced it will degas. in the keg.

The boat movement will make it foamy anyway - it's like opening a giant bottle of shaken up coke. I often take kegs in the car for camping trips - it takes half a day to a day before it settles after driving. It's drinkable, but gives a bit more than half a glass of foam on what is normally a balanced system.

You got to watch out with those taps that mount directly on top of a QD. It's easy to bump and they'll start pouring...

Latest posts

Back