Éphémère Apple recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric_beer

Reaction score
OK so I tried this beer last night and was blown away how refreshing and tasty this beer is. Could be the best beer for summer. I figure I gotta try to brew something similar so I'll have it ready for my SWMBO's birthday in August. Anyone have any ideas???

Hints I have: "It is the third of series of fruit based "Blanche" beers. Brewed from 100% first quality natural ingredients with a perfect blend of spring barley, wheat, apple wort, spices and natural aromas."

It also has coriander, curacao, granny smith and McIntosh apples...

Anyone want to take a stab? Maybe start with a Wit recipe and blend a good cider?

I think I might try a little experiement...
Ephemere strikes me as a slightly fruitier Blanche de Chambly, with the essence of green apple

So here's a nice simple extract recipe for it:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/blanche-de-chambly-clone-unibroue-26723/

I'm thinking of using this as a base, and tweaking it slightly (I might use the Wyeast 3864 that's in my carboy right now once I rack that brew), still need to solve the apple flavor puzzle. I'm thinking maybe a combination of unsweetened apple cider and some peel from organic granny smith apples (or at least those which haven't been coated in that waxy stuff)

I'm also thinking a small amount of honey at flameout might build up the flavor a bit. What's lovely about Ephemere is that it is light, refreshing, and gives the whole "mouth party" experience - while still having enough complexity to it to let you know it's a Unibroue product.

Definitely going to work on this idea a bit..

Back