Plastic Kegs now available

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those look like sanke taps..... otherwise I might be down for one or two of the 10L ones.....

I inquired to see if they have them with the corny lids and fittings. waiting to hear back

I would be very interested to hear, I may inquire myself... If they are indeed cheaper as they say, I could definitely see giving them a shot.

im interested in the 10.8 gallon firkin size. perfect for 11 gallon batches.

i really hope they can put a corny lid on them

maybe if enough people inquire about a corny lid they will definitely make them.

makes sense, the market will probably support it, just look at those plastic miller kegs that have been showing up all over the marketplace.

i really hope they can put a corny lid on them

maybe if enough people inquire about a corny lid they will definitely make them.
Even if they didn't use a standard corny lid per se, it would be nice if you could get them with corny posts and then SOME kind of lid/access port. Since it's a different material and they're doing the engineering anyway, it couldn't hurt to at least consider rethinking the design of the lid while they're at it.

I'd rather buy a used stainless corny keg for 25-30 than spend what they are probably asking (upwards of 50). Cheaper than a new stainless keg but...

Now for those that really want to have a 10 gallon keg this might work, but for myself, I'd just start kegging in used 15.5 gallon stainless sankey kegs instead, but again a concession of convenience to price/durability.

Pretty cool idea. Especially offering custom colors and etching for big breweries.

Looks like a good idea if they can design them for homebrewing applications. Esp in the larger sizes.

The only issue I see is having to answer all of the threads titled.... Can I Keg in Plastic?

This looks great. I'm a bit worried though about their coupler and spear though. I'm sure it is just like the sankey, though I wonder if the stainless would eventually start to cut into the plastic.

I'd look at the 1/6 BBL kegs as direct replacements for my old ball lock kegs. Less hassle hauling one over to someone's house that has a standard keggerator.

I think this is a great idea for the smaller micros. Stainless prices have really driven up the cost of kegs and is a major financial hurdle for micros. You can't sell kegs you don't have or can't afford to buy. A lower cost alternative like this means that a small brewery could double the amount of available kegs in their market and grow their sales. Customizing with your own colors and RFID for tracking purposes are terrific ideas as well. I'm putting this down in my wish list for the day I get around to opening a brewery (no real plans yet, but I can dream).

Id be interested in some of these as well.I could always get sanke converters to hook up to my current stuff

well looks like Sanke is the only way they are going to be offered. I just got a reply to my inquiry stating this.

Oh well

well looks like Sanke is the only way they are going to be offered. I just got a reply to my inquiry stating this.

Oh well

Did they say anything about how much they were going to be? They would need to be pretty cheap to switch a lot of homebrewers to I would expect, since most people that brew that I know of dont have sanke adapters.

Did they say anything about how much they were going to be? They would need to be pretty cheap to switch a lot of homebrewers to I would expect, since most people that brew that I know of dont have sanke adapters.

Really? I have two of them, they come in handy quite often when I bring the good old tank over to friends keggers, that way no one has to pump the keg and if there is still beer left after the party, it stays fresh.

I would be interested in this for sure. I guess I got luck and my cornie's with sanke taps on them.
Is the only reason people use posts simply because that is what usually comes on the slim5 gallon kegs? I don't see any other benefit? Besides I guess price of sanke tap versus post hookups.

Is the only reason people use posts simply because that is what usually comes on the slim5 gallon kegs? I don't see any other benefit? Besides I guess price of sanke tap versus post hookups.

That's what I always thought...homebrewers don't use cornies because they're inherently better than Sanke kegs...they're just more readily available in a more convenient size. I suppose if I were starting from scratch and new plastic sanke kegs were comparable in cost to used stainless cornies (I doubt it), I would consider them. But I don't see any advantage to switching if you've already invested in the corny format.

awesome!
noncarb.gif

Just got a reply on pricing for smaller sized kegs for test batches etc. Hope this helps...

I was curious how much the “junior” kegs were in any sizes between 1 – 5 gallons?

Thanks for your interest. We currently have 5.16 gallon Junior Plus Kegs available in red, blue and green for $108 USD. This is the one size that we regularly carry in stock. We can have 10 L (2.6 gallons) versions manufactured but it will take a minimum order of 100 kegs to do so. I have attached some information regarding our Junior Plus kegs. Thanks again, please let me know if you have any questions.

well maybe if everyone of us emailed them daily for a few weeks they would change their minds

So did anyone hear back from these guys? Has anyone tried their product? Just curious. I'm needing a 5g sanke to make beer transporting easier and I'm having no luck with CL...

It looks like one of our fine Vendor sponsors is now stocking them.

As to why they're not doing ball-lock connections, any brewery would be ordering in quantities, whereas homebrewers would generally order in the single digits. Plus, how hard is it to install a sanke to ball-lock adapter? Not very. And that would allow you to purchase kegs of commercially used beer and use it in your system. Seems like the best way to go to me.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=332&zenid=dacca4fa24245b22085a298a940b6f72

Back