If you had a time machine...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhead

Reaction score
a) when would you go?
b) where would you go?
c) who would you go with?
d) why would you go?
5) what alcohol would you bring?
6) what alcohol would you bring back?

I'll start:
a) october 1999
b) washington
c) my turtle
d) sell my y2k proof software to the government for millions
5) scotch
6) more scotch

The scotch wouldn't age though. Unless you hid it somewhere and then went and picked it up in 2008? That might work fairly well.

In that case, I'll take this bottle of scotch, go back in time 500 years and bury it someplace safe, then return to the present to enjoy its sweet, sweet nectar.

:drunk:

a) 1937
b) Any place where I could be an Army Air Corps Aviation Cadet
c) Most of my friends
d) To fly nearly any airplane with a P-designation and lay waste to the evil Axis in the following years
5) Scotch/cigars for celebrating
6) Whiskey rations (or at least a few empty souvenir bottles)

BTW, scotch stops maturing once it's bottled. So, you'd have to bring a whole cask and hope it doesn't evaporate.

The day after the biggest lottery was drawn.
To the lottery headquarters.
My family.
To retrieve my winnings.
A bottle of Paton and DOM.
Doesnt matter as Id have enough money to buy what ever I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a) when would you go? 1 month before the Crucifixion
b) where would you go? Jerusalem
c) who would you go with? SWMBO
d) why would you go? To see if all of it was true...or just a cruciFICTION...
5) what alcohol would you bring? None, Jesus would make it...
6) what alcohol would you bring back? Whatever was left over from the Last Supper...

;)

I didn't post this to be funny...I'm serious...

a) 25 ad
b) the wedding at Canna
c) clergy
d) to taste the wine Jesus created from water
5) none
6) the wine of course, with a stop over to see Billy Sunday :D

Yuri_Rage said:
a) 1937
b) Any place where I could be an Army Air Corps Aviation Cadet
c) Most of my friends
d) To fly nearly any airplane with a P-designation and lay waste to the evil Axis in the following years
5) Scotch/cigars for celebrating
6) Whiskey rations (or at least a few empty souvenir bottles)

BTW, scotch stops maturing once it's bottled. So, you'd have to bring a whole cask and hope it doesn't evaporate.

if i did this, i'd want to be part of the avg and shoot the zeeks down in china!

I'd buy a Gray's Sports Almanac (1950 - 2000) and take it back to my former self 30 years ago and use it for winning sports bets to become a millionaire.

When I first met my now-wife, in 1991, we dated for a while then I broke up with her. We started dating again about a year and a half later and the rest is history. So, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1991 and NOT break up with my future-wife. Instead I would spend that year and a half having hot sex with her. I would also change my major and play the stock market like a fricken beyotch.

I'll find out if Jesus, Mohammand or Buddha was real when I die. Why waste it on that?

I would go to the peak Triassic period when Dinosaurs were at their peak of saturation across the Globe. Bring my family, friends, lots of medicine, huge guns and some tricked out electric sun generated Jeeps to cruise around.

If i had a time machine id use it like a chronological credit card so basically I can drink today the brew im going to brew tomorrow same with food, when your thirsty / hungry it would be nice to have what you want now and make it later.

a) when would you go? The beginning (Geneses)
b) where would you go? GOE
c) who would you go with? Camcorder and a comfortable chair
d) why would you go? Best show on earth
5) what alcohol would you bring? Beer, of course
6) what alcohol would you bring back? None, I would have drunk it all.

mrhead said:
a) when would you go?
b) where would you go?
d) why would you go?

A: I would go back to 1984
B: Doesn't matter, I was 18 and Apple computer was about to release the Macintosh
C: Heather Locklear, She looked FINE back then and would appreciate the effort ;)
D: To Have sex with Heather Locklear and buy 1,000 shares in Apple Computers
5: It's 1984 and USA, anyhting except Bud or Miller light and I wil be a GOD. Make it Arrogant Bastard
6: Not much from 1986 I would want except a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet that would be 33 years old now... No Scotch would ever last that long in my house without a time machine:rockin:

I have a million ideas, but here's one:

a) April 1865
b) Ford's theater
c)Anyone that wanted to come with
d) So I could tell Lincoln to duck, or maybe just shoot Booth
e)Doesn't matter
f) some Oh! Be Joyful

If I could go back in time there's no doubt in my mind that we could take State. No doubt... How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over them mountains?
timemachineal5.jpg
uncle_rico.jpg

mrhead said:
a) when would you go?
b) where would you go?
d) why would you go?

Yesterday
Dinner Table
Just me
To NOT eat that 3rd bowl of Chili
Not sure any alcohol is going to help my situation
Bringing any alcohol back from yesterday is pointless

Er.... all these people taking scotch back in time. It my understanding that once the scotch hits the bottle it's done. A 12 year old scotch bottled 3 years ago is the same as the stuff bottled yesterday.

The aging process is done in the barrels.

a) when would you go? 1020ish
b) where would you go? On Thorfinn Karlsefni's voyage to Vinland
c) who would you go with? i dunno....
d) why would you go? To see the shiny one legged Skraeling and take part in some Viking fun and highjinks
5) what alcohol would you bring? Rum, and lots of it
6) what alcohol would you bring back? Mead, and lots of it

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

But i really like Yuri's idea more, i just didnt want to repeat it. :mug:

I'd go back to right around 1986 and all I'd take $5,000 with me. Then I'd go get in on Microsoft's IPO.

Either that or I'd go back 55 years or so to California and tell my grandfather that while I know times are tough with 3 kids, you *really* need to go in on this 'hamburger restaurant' idea with your good friend Ray Kroc. Ya, that's right... my grandpa (and his brother in law) are the guys that didn't think McDonald's would ever amount to anything so they didn't invest in the initial store at ground level. DOH!

kornkob said:
Er.... all these people taking scotch back in time. It my understanding that once the scotch hits the bottle it's done. A 12 year old scotch bottled 3 years ago is the same as the stuff bottled yesterday.

Thanks for the input KK, next time I go back in time, I'll take your advice and leave the scotch there.:mug:

Now answer the question...

Ya, that's right... my grandpa (and his brother in law) are the guys that didn't think McDonald's would ever amount to anything so they didn't invest in the initial store at ground level. DOH!

Interesting, I worked with the guy that turned down a chance to own 50% of Carl's Jr. for $25K. He didn't think it was a great idea either, but he was willing to risk the bank's money and approved the loan.

Probably about 1982 & tell myself Apple NOT Osborne.

I find it so funny that everyone thinks of going to the past, I am totally headed to the future!

a) when would you go?
1200AD
b) where would you go?
Chico, CA
Just me
d) why would you go?
To hang out with the natives, hunt, and explore
My latest pale ale
Dunno...did they have anything back then?

The other interesting point here, is that even if it DID age in the bottle, why would it age when you brought it forward, if YOU didn't age in the time machine?

a) when would you go?1980
b) where would you go?High School
c) who would you go with?no one
d) why would you go?to kick the makers of Trojan rubbers in the nuts
5) what alcohol would you bring?none
6) what alcohol would you bring back?Some expensive wine I could sell now

truth.:rockin:

I would have buy beers for my grandfathers after their tour(s) of WWII. I think my brother would enjoy this trip too. I would like to have met them as young men not strapped down by the weight of the world. I probably couldn't keep up being 42 I would be twice their age, god knows after their tour they would be ready to party. I don't think I would need to either take or bring back booze. (If I had to: Assuming we would be in Europe maybe I would bring back some French wine. I would like to take home brew but I don't think a couple of 20 year old guys after the war would appreciate it much, probably more about the amount than the quality).

Cheers!!! :mug:
Chris

a) when would you go?
b) where would you go?
d) why would you go?

a)October 10, 1969
b)Gulfport, Mississippi
c)My trusty Smith & Wesson
d)I would put a bullet in the infant forehead of a certain NFL quarterback (harsh, I know, but luckily I don't have a time machine)
5)Bottle of Bulleit Bourbon and a jug of Ed Worts Apfelwein
6)Nothing from that pisswater hole in the 7th level of hell

a) when would you go? 1960
b) where would you go? anywhere
c) who would you go with?old college roomate
d) why would you go? To have the time of our lives
5) what alcohol would you bring? Wouldn't be going for the alcohol
6) what alcohol would you bring back? Please see above.

I so happen to have a functioning time machine and I'm using it tonight to try and change history!

you'll know I've succeeded if Thursday comes AFTER wednesday and Germany loses WWII.

Back