customer service question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newuser12345

Reaction score
Apologies for keeping this vague, but have any of you ever gotten profane private messages from any BIAB brewing system manufacturers?

I left a question on the facebook page of a manufacturer of BIAB systems. The question wasn't mean spirited and wasn't backhanded as far as I can tell, but I received a very rude private message from them as a result. It was all very odd.

Once again, apologies for keeping this vague, but I don't really want to publicly shame a company, and if this was just a rogue employee having a bad day I understand, but if it's a pattern of behavior, I don't want to do business with them, as I was planning on ordering two full systems from them as Christmas gifts.

I never have received a PM from any company but I also don't post questions on FB. If I have a question, I call or email. If the question was negative in nature, I could see a company getting a little mad that you asked it publicly instead of privately so you can handle it with just them and not all of FB. However, I wouldn't think a company would send a profane PM because of it.

With that said, no one will be able to answer your question because we don't know what company you are talking about.

I never have received a PM from any company but I also don't post questions on FB. If I have a question, I call or email. If the question was negative in nature, I could see a company getting a little mad that you asked it publicly instead of privately so you can handle it with just them and not all of FB. However, I wouldn't think a company would send a profane PM because of it.

With that said, no one will be able to answer your question because we don't know what company you are talking about.

I don't want to publically state their name if this was just a one off, bad moment, hell, I'll probably still buy a couple of their systems, but if others have had the same experience then I'll stay away. It was more a general question-If people have ever received profane messages from a BIAB manufacturer.

Apologies for keeping this vague, but have any of you ever gotten profane private messages from any BIAB brewing system manufacturers?

I left a question on the facebook page of a manufacturer of BIAB systems. The question wasn't mean spirited and wasn't backhanded as far as I can tell, but I received a very rude private message from them as a result. It was all very odd.

Once again, apologies for keeping this vague, but I don't really want to publicly shame a company, and if this was just a rogue employee having a bad day I understand, but if it's a pattern of behavior, I don't want to do business with them, as I was planning on ordering two full systems from them as Christmas gifts.

Contact the owner or manager and ask for a clarification. If it satisfies you, do business with them. If not, go elsewhere.

Hmmm... Well I've been thinking about ordering a couple biab systems, can you suggest any mfr's to take a look at, newuser12345? ;)

For context, in july I asked on facebook private messenger when a product would be available, I was told in August. In August inquired again and was told early September. An add for the system came across my facebook feed yesterday and I asked in the comments field if it would be available soon. the response was this
"If you'd really like to know, I'm not a fan of airing **** out publicly. Message me personally if you have other questions" I replied asking that he not use obscenities and his reply was "go troll someone else, get a life"

For context, in july I asked on facebook private messenger when a product would be available, I was told in August. In August inquired again and was told early September. An add for the system came across my facebook feed yesterday and I asked in the comments field if it would be available soon. the response was this
"If you'd really like to know, I'm not a fan of airing **** out publicly. Message me personally if you have other questions" I replied asking that he not use obscenities and his reply was "go troll someone else, get a life"

I'd take my business elsewhere.

the initial message doesn't even sound like a response to your question, but the second one has a$$h0le written all over it. I'd definitely take my business elsewhere.

Hmmm... Well I've been thinking about ordering a couple biab systems, can you suggest any mfr's to take a look at, newuser12345? ;)

Haha I didn't even realize the username. Seems trollish but he does have other posts.

List a few BIAB manufacturers and include the one you had an issue with. This will narrow it down for us and people can comment if they had any issues with any of the ones you listed.

the initial message doesn't even sound like a response to your question, but the second one has a$$h0le written all over it. I'd definitely take my business elsewhere.

that was really the frustrating thing. I wanted to buy this system for myself, and a homebrewing uncle as a Christmas present, and since July I haven't gotten anywhere near a real answer as to when it would be ready. In july their old systems were sold out, so I messaged them asking when they would be available for order and was told August. In late August they still weren't available so I asked again in a private message and they said early September. Their website said September 15th would be the pre order date, So when I saw an add for the system on facebook with still no release date, I asked when it would be available. All I want is either a "we're not sure" or "this is the date" so that I know I will have the product in hand come Christmas time.

Haha I didn't even realize the username. Seems trollish but he does have other posts.

List a few BIAB manufacturers and include the one you had an issue with. This will narrow it down for us and people can comment if they had any issues with any of the ones you listed.

not sure how I can prove I'm not a troll, as I really don't have too many other posts, but if you look at my post history, you can see I've been in the market for a new system in the for sale section for a while. I probably should have been more creative with my username lol, but I made this account to buy something off the for sale section with no intention of being a regular contributor.

heres a list that includes the company I received the messages from.

Clawhammer
Brausupply
grainfather
robobrew

If this is the response to an initial inquiry of availability, do you really want to learn how they respond to the people who have already paid if there are quality issues?

good point. I think I will take my business elsewhere. Time to start researching again I guess.

It is not rocket science to figure out who OP is referring to. I searched BIAB systems in Facebook and it became apparent pretty quickly.

It is not rocket science to figure out who OP is referring to. I searched BIAB systems in Facebook and it became apparent pretty quickly.

regardless, I'm moving on and searching for other systems. Do you know of any that allow for full no sparge mashes? That what has turned me away from the grainfather. I don't want to have another pot and burner dedicated to sparge water.

not sure how I can prove I'm not a troll, as I really don't have too many other posts, but if you look at my post history, you can see I've been in the market for a new system in the for sale section for a while. I probably should have been more creative with my username lol, but I made this account to buy something off the for sale section with no intention of being a regular contributor.

heres a list that includes the company I received the messages from.

Clawhammer
Brausupply
grainfather
robobrew

Fair enough. Typically with a username like that, it is a troll...but I did see your other posts so I figured you weren't.

If it is the company I think it is, they have a great reputation from what I have read. If you don't want to go with them anymore, I highly recommend Brew Boss.

I tried that but all I got was Brew Boss and wasn't giving me any other systems which was odd. I do think I know who it is just from looking at who has new equipment coming out.

regardless, I'm moving on and searching for other systems. Do you know of any that allow for full no sparge mashes? That what has turned me away from the grainfather. I don't want to have another pot and burner dedicated to sparge water.

I wrote my above post before seeing this.

Check out Brew Boss. Great system. A lot of automation (even hops can be automated). Biggest difference between this and others is the use of a tablet. I can set my mash and go upstairs for an hour and still see the temp on my tablet. Can even raise the temp or stop it from upstairs if I wanted. The owner is awesome. He gets back to emails right away, even at 10pm.

Fair enough. Typically with a username like that, it is a troll...but I did see your other posts so I figured you weren't.

If it is the company I think it is, they have a great reputation from what I have read. If you don't want to go with them anymore, I highly recommend Brew Boss.

I tried that but all I got was Brew Boss and wasn't giving me any other systems which was odd. I do think I know who it is just from looking at who has new equipment coming out.

Check out Brew Boss. Great system. A lot of automation (even hops can be automated). Biggest difference between this and others is the use of a tablet. I can set my mash and go upstairs for an hour and still see the temp on my tablet. Can even raise the temp or stop it from upstairs if I wanted. The owner is awesome. He gets back to emails right away, even at 10pm.

I'll look into brew boss. Thank you. Do they have a 120V system? I guess I should have mentioned that being a necessity.

Colorado brewing systems is what I have. Considerably more money, but very high quality and very good customer service. Ill be honest I still sparge mine to get a higher efficiency but its not necessary as a rule

Colorado brewing systems is what I have. Considerably more money, but very high quality and very good customer service. Ill be honest I still sparge mine to get a higher efficiency but its not necessary as a rule

looks good, but unfortunately I need a 120v system. I'd even be willing to by a heat stick if need be, but I don't have access to a 240v power source

not sure how I can prove I'm not a troll

Oops :pipe:

For the record I didn't mean it like that, didn't mean to imply that you were trolling. I was just trying to get you to reveal who the company was. Carry on. :mug:

I have done BIAB using only one vessel of my 3 vessel system but it is natural gas powered. Good luck finding what you want.

High Gravity Brew has some turnkey brewing solutions available and even has a 120v system. They are easy to work with and can even make some non-standard modifications for you if needed and the mods are reasonable. A friend of mine use one of their 240v systems and it's been a solid performer for him. 120v systems will generally be a bit on the "underpowered" side of things but that's the nature of the beast.

Interesting, I guess Facebook search results are tailored for different users as I got one company result for "BIAB systems" and it was one the four companies that OP listed. When I dug around in their Facebook page I saw they were releasing a new product via Kickstarter on September 15th.

I could have made a wrong assumption but it looked pretty clearly to be OP's company. I don't have a dog in the fight as I've never done business with that company and my spouse would disown me if I even considered buying more brewing equipment.

Interesting, I guess Facebook search results are tailored for different users as I got one company result for "BIAB systems" and it was one the four companies that OP listed. When I dug around in their Facebook page I saw they were releasing a new product via Kickstarter on September 15th.

I could have made a wrong assumption but it looked pretty clearly to be OP's company. I don't have a dog in the fight as I've never done business with that company and my spouse would disown me if I even considered buying more brewing equipment.

that's them

I just got the High Gravity system. Love it!

BIAB_detail.png

I can attest that Dave and High Gravity brewing is the real deal. Great customer service and he's been building controllers for a very long time.

I've heard others talk about the customer service at BrauSupply and how arrogant and condescending the owner really is to his customers. I still can't understand how they expect to build a loyal customer following with this attitude. He is the one that set a release date and then getting pissed off when someone asks about it is no way to treat prospective customers.

Anyway, Dave is a fine guy and in your situation, he has as preconfigured 120v system that would work great for your needs.

Cheers

I can attest that Dave and High Gravity brewing is the real deal. Great customer service and he's been building controllers for a very long time.

I've heard others talk about the customer service at BrauSupply and how arrogant and condescending the owner really is to his customers. I still can't understand how they expect to build a loyal customer following with this attitude. He is the one that set a release date and then getting pissed off when someone asks about it is no way to treat prospective customers.

Anyway, Dave is a fine guy and in your situation, he has as preconfigured 120v system that would work great for your needs.

Cheers
This was the point of this thread, to see if this was a one time slip up on their part, or part of a pattern of behavior. Thank you for your input. Im deciding between a high gravity or clawhammer system and have eliminated brau supply as an option.

This was the point of this thread, to see if this was a one time slip up on their part, or part of a pattern of behavior. Thank you for your input. Im deciding between a high gravity or clawhammer system and have eliminated brau supply as an option.

Dude!! For the price, this system looks amazing!!! The only thing I wish they offered was 240V or I would have bought this instead:

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/products/2-5-gallon-digital-brewing-system

I’m guessing that’s what you were talking about?

Dude!! For the price, this system looks amazing!!! The only thing I wish they offered was 240V or I would have bought this instead:

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/products/2-5-gallon-digital-brewing-system

I’m guessing that’s what you were talking about?

yes, that's what I was referring to, but I've decided to order the high gravity system instead based on recommendations here and the when I contacted the High Gravity people with a couple questions yesterday their service was top notch.

Back