Vintage General Motors Frigidaire Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJoeBrew

Reaction score
I've had this fridge for a couple years of just sitting. Looking to fix up slightly and put a few taps through the door. Can anyone tell me what year this is. I'm thinking 1950ish. Where can I get a new door seal? Any tips from those out there that have tackled an old fridge?View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503885448.421042.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503885514.970185.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503885556.562650.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503885575.319052.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503885608.930048.jpg

I found this ad through a google search. Looks like mines is a Deluxe and yours is a Master/Standard model. That imperial looks pretty cool. So I have determined that is a 1950.

Frigidaire Models.jpg

The freezer difference is all that I am going by. Anyone out there know a good place for a new seal or ideas for an inexpensive seal?

I don't know where to find a seal, mine was in really good shape and so was the seal so I didn't really worry about it.

I used automotive weather stripping to seal mine - I think it is designed for truck bed to canopy seals; it is sticky on one side and foam on the other about an inch wide. works great on my 1952 fridge...

I have a 1946 Frigidaire that doesn't work. I'm having a hell of a time finding someone that can fix it.
Edit: Can't figure out how to attach the pic as portrait instead of landscape.
IMG_0022.jpg

I used automotive weather stripping to seal mine - I think it is designed for truck bed to canopy seals; it is sticky on one side and foam on the other about an inch wide. works great on my 1952 fridge...

I've done the same-except mines a '54:). Not perfect but it does work better with than without.

I used the magnetic seal from a modern fridge on my IH fridge, but old units like yours and mine have curves the newer ones don't have. I know there is a website that has different kinds of door seals. Here is one http://store.antiqueappliances.com/Door-Gaskets_c_8.html

Thanks for that. :mug: but holy crap, cheapest one is $6 a foot!

Try using weather striping for car doors. Or possibly a appliance repair might have some seal that will work.
I have an antique ice box I want to pin hammered copper to the top and make a kegerator

Back