Tapright regulators single to dual conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAIV

Reaction score
So I have two tapright regulators from homebrewsupply.com i guess the goal was to have two regulators connected to one Co2 tank. I was trying to remove the tank connector nipple from the second regulator so I could attach the two regulators inline and have two kegs that could carb or serve at different pressures. The theory was to just remove the tank connector nipple and replace with threaded nipple. I couldn't get the tank connector off. In my searching I found that it's LHT but I still can't get it off because of the thread sealant on it. I ordered the tapright hex nipple LHT( I can see the thread is LHT after looking closely) so I ordered it and I was going to try to get the tank connector off in the meantime. So for those of you who may know or have tried this. I haven't put it in a table vice yet as I don't have one but my neighbor has one I was going to try this weekend. So my questions are Is this a bad idea? Should I just buy another tank? Why would they sell the hex connector if you can't get the threads apart?View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1495889500.147587.jpgheres the threads you can see it has sealant on it

You should be able to take it apart. Then just daisy chain from the high pressure side where the old high pressure gauge came off.

Push the nut back and find the right sized wrench/socket. Loosen it. Remember the thread direction

I didnt need a vice when i was going the right direction. I might have grabbed the body with some channel locks

Push the nut back and find the right sized wrench/socket. Loosen it. Remember the thread direction

I didnt need a vice when i was going the right direction. I might have grabbed the body with some channel locks

So you've done it before? With a tapright regulator? I read somewhere that certain threadlocks are impossible to get apart

There's tape but if you look closely there's some clear silicone looking sealant

Silicone isn't going to stop anyone.
As was suggested, slide the coupling nut back from the stem end and fit a socket wrench to it...

Cheers!

So you've done it before? With a tapright regulator? I read somewhere that certain threadlocks are impossible to get apart

Yes...have three taprite dual gauge regulators. Have removed and reinstalled this fitting on at least two of them. Just make sure you're turning in the right direction.

It's not silicone it just looks like silicone. I've heard it called thread cement. Ok I'm gonna get another pair of hands and some channel locks tomorrow and go to town. Thanks guys!

Just find a socket that fits the stem and you'll find it isn't hard to remove.
If you chew that stem up with channel locks you'll have to replace it...

Thanks. Except my nipple should be delivered today. So I kegged my citra hopped apfelwein this morning and took the gas off my simcoe keg to start carbing it for this weekend then I'll just have to take the gas off in a few days and put the regulators together then hook it all up

Sounds delicious!

Yeah man. Its my first time doing citra but everyone loves the simcoe I've made before. It's pretty good and easy to make since there's no boiling and it's about 9% so it does it's job

Back