• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota 3.5 gal fermentation buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewsk

Reaction score
EDIT: no longer for sale

I put together bucket fermenters for 2.5-3 gal batches - I only need 3 and the minimum order on buckets was 5.

The buckets have an easy to peel off lid with a hole drilled for an airlock (with grommet). The buckets are the same diameter as standard 5-6gal buckets so gamma seal lids would work if you wanted to swap the lids later.

Local pickup only (Twin Cities, MN) - 1 bucket for $15 or 2 for $25.

IMG_1332.2015-07-15_120140.jpg

IMG_1331.2015-07-15_120129.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not local but would love to see what you made and where you ordered it from. I'm finalizing my 2.5gal brewery and want some options for fermenters. Thanks!

I'll snag some pictures tonight, but here's a link to what I ordered:

From: http://www.uline.com/BL_8150/Plastic-Pails-and-Lids
5 white S-9942 (buckets)
5 white S-20541 (lids)

3/8inch grommets from home depot go into 1/2 inch hole in the lid

Awesome! Thanks for the links and the directions too. A picture would be great. What kind of headspace do you have when you put 3gal of wort in the bucket? 3 inches...5 inches?

I'm planning on 3gal into the fermenter with .5gal of trub/yeast/etc. left in the pail for nice clear beer into the keg.

Awesome! Thanks for the links and the directions too. A picture would be great. What kind of headspace do you have when you put 3gal of wort in the bucket? 3 inches...5 inches?

I'm planning on 3gal into the fermenter with .5gal of trub/yeast/etc. left in the pail for nice clear beer into the keg.

The bucket height is listed at 10.75inches on uline's website.
That's about 3 inches/gal, which leaves about 1.5inches between 3gal and the top. I haven't had the opportunity to ferment in these buckets yet - so this is an estimate. It's not a ton of headspace, but especially for secondaries that is what I'm looking for.

Back