VIDEO: Brewing a Hillbilly beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To bad you weren't around in WV in the evenings when we'd sit in front of the coal-burning fireplace with a fiddle & a banjo goin'. And grandmaw's keg charred moon. Funny video. If you like strong beer & corn whiskey with banjo music...you might be a red-neck. If your brewery cost more than your car...you might be a red-neck.:D

Mongster. The legend continues.

Just brilliant. Great balance in the video. Fair play showing the gusher. Many would not have been so forthright .

Enjoyed it immensely I have to say.

Thanks for making this. Hats off.

Nice! Would you try the version with Cachaca again but dial back the amount a little?

If I'll make a new batch of Mongbilly B, I would use half the amount of Cachaca raisins. Finding the sweet spot when dealing with beer and booze is tricky, and I myself consider it cheating adding booze directly into the beer. Of course this makes it harder to hit bullseye, but it's nonetheless a brewing rule I enjoy sticking to.

Mongster you are a creative genius... this was brilliant!! But I have two questions. 1. Was that a raw turnip you were eating? and 2. Who is that guy that stole your skull sweater!?!

Mongster you are a creative genius... this was brilliant!! But I have two questions. 1. Was that a raw turnip you were eating? and 2. Who is that guy that stole your skull sweater!?!

1. Correct
2. He was a part of the first film crew, and this time he got promoted to skull sweather bearer and chief production assistant.

When I was in high school, there were actually twin girls in my school named Charlene and Darlene. It is great to know that they are well-travelled.
Great video!

But they're both enjoyed back home in West-By-God (WV to the rest of y'all). That's when no keg-charred is currently available to go with coon or possum BBQ.

Another great video! I noticed the skull sweater too and thought "isn't that mong's sweater from the last video?"

And now I have to boom all of my hop additions after seeing the first video :D Cheers!

MORE!! Please make more videos. Pure awesomeness.

I love the car! Is it pure electric? I get a few funny looks at the homebrew shop for picking up 55 lb. sacks of grain on my bicycle.

Watched this again. Just hilarious and intriguing at the same time. The quality is outstanding. Your approach to brewing is such a breath of fresh air. You've clearly got an outstanding process dripping in expertise but also include so much fun to your brewing.

It would be class to share a brew-day or a beer sometime. If, by any bizarre twist of circumstances you should ever find yourself in Dallas you have a place to stay, my door is open and I'll be sure to have a crazy recipe prepped and a good starter ready to go.

Thanks again for this piece of sublime brewing cinematography.

Skål

I love the car! Is it pure electric? I get a few funny looks at the homebrew shop for picking up 55 lb. sacks of grain on my bicycle.

It is full electric indeed.
Nowadays I see mostly Teslas and Nissal Leafs on the roads, but when I bought it back in 2008, it was something of a novelty.

Great video, and appreciate the honesty with the Jack version.

How long had the brews been aged for the tasting? I'd guess those would be really interesting to keep aging and sampling.

Excellent video, I loved seeing the experimentation. Lots of production value, and highly entertaining!!
BOOM!
An instant HBT classic. :goat:

Back