New China Mini Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBelli

Beer Lover
Reaction score
So I saw this mini regulator on amazon a few weeks ago. It is a china knockoff of the Leland mini regulator. I have always wanted the Leland because it is the perfect gadget for portable cornies at parties. Unlike the $20 trigger models that are everywhere this has a regulator built in. A 'set it and forget it' gadget.

Anyway the Chine model certainly didn't have the same finish as the Leland... it is made from aluminum. but it was only $40 rather than $130....
So I figured for $40 it was worth a try... I received it on Friday and used it all Mother's Day weekend.... So far so good.
It took 10 days to receive from China.
If you like portable kegs, I would definitely grab one for yourself.

china1.jpg

china2.jpg

china3.jpg

Here is the link to buy one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WM44HRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link.

Is the gauge on the inlet or outlet side of the regulator? That wasn't clear from the description. I guess the gauge could be upgraded for better control of the set pressure if it's on the outlet, or you could tee off a gauge between the outlet and ball-lock if it's on the inlet side.

Thanks for the link.

Is the gauge on the inlet or outlet side of the regulator? That wasn't clear from the description. I guess the gauge could be upgraded for better control of the set pressure if it's on the outlet, or you could tee off a gauge between the outlet and ball-lock if it's on the inlet side.

It is in the outlet. It regulates the outbound psi. Although I don't think the psi scale is correct.

Looks like it'd be a tad difficult to nail around 12 or so. I'm sure it could be messed with then just hope you don't bump it though.

And I just had a hilarious thought of getting one of these on a 2.5gal keg and taking it to a small BYOB italian restaurant. I'm sure they'd love that.

Thanks, that sounds interesting. I guess you don't need to be too accurate once you get the beer flowing at a comfortable rate, as you won't be leaving this regulator on long term.

And I just had a hilarious thought of getting one of these on a 2.5gal keg and taking it to a small BYOB italian restaurant. I'm sure they'd love that.

I put it on a 2.5 gallon cornie all the time... then drop it into a standard 5 gallon round cooler... the ideal portable unit... way easier than my jockey box

Back