Cheap Keggle Shipping????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a keggle last night on this website. :rockin:

http://www.brew-magic.com/ketl_blowout.html

The shipping price when you check out is $6.50!!! Yes $6.50 if you select "Motor Carrier (Brew Magic)"

Well, they emailed me today saying:

Please be advised that the UPS rate should have been $21.64. Your total
on your order will be $121.89. Please let me know if you want me to
continue with your order.

I'm still getting it regardless. $6.50 sounds too good to be true, but you think if its wrong they'd fix the darn problem right?

One of my buddies thinks they should honor the $6.50

What do you guys think???

BTW - I just tested this again and its still goofed up.

I looked at that website. Not very professional.

I agree its lame, but that's a reasonable shipping price for that item, so at least you're not getting raped on the shipping.

To their credit they did inform you before completing your order, so they aren't scamming.

You could insist that they honor the stated price, but chances are they would just refund your money and then you don't have your keggle. So I guess it makes sense to just suck it up and accept that the shipping is costing them the same as they are charging and they just don't know how to fix their website. Awe well, at least you'll be able to brew 10 gallon batches now....

Are used 16 gallon kegs that have the tops cut out of them really worth $100 US? I have 5 of them here that I can get cut out, and would love to do a 2-1 trade for some cornies.

BTW I am in Australia, so don't get too excited if you want to swap.

PeteOz77 said:
Are used 16 gallon kegs that have the tops cut out of them really worth $100 US?

That's what I was just thinking. I bought two from a bar for $20 each and I feel I can cut them open myself for a lot less then $80 + shipping.
Now if they had ports welded in then I would think it's a good deal.

I guess you people don't read threads. You can't legally buy kegs for $20 everywhere. If you have a bar that will sell you them LEGALLY for 20, then great, but no one around me will do that. But some people like to be legal and not steal the kegs from a party for a $30 deposit.

$100 for a 15.5 Stainless Steel pot that is pretty close to indestructable is a good deal.

FSR402 said:
That's what I was just thinking. I bought two from a bar for $20 each and I feel I can cut them open myself for a lot less then $80 + shipping.
Now if they had ports welded in then I would think it's a good deal.

Assuming you could get them legally for $20 and cut them - OK.

I don't know of any reputable place locally that's selling them. Much less for $20. Even if I did I don't have a welder, lathe or a large trepanning drill. So I'm willing to pay 99+shipping to get a good keg w/ a 12" hole in the top!!

I'll drill a hole for my spigot & thermowell and use a panel knock-out to open the hole more. Not a big deal.

:mug:

Well, they emailed me today saying:

Please be advised that the UPS rate should have been $21.64. Your total
on your order will be $121.89. Please let me know if you want me to
continue with your order.

If you can,or if its not too late, ask them if they can ship with Fedex ground. I have been using them for shipping lately with my ebay stuff, and I find that they ship for about half UPS prices.

Just a thought.

Uhm, also this is SABCO and it is a brand new, sexy/gorgeous keg, not some dreg of a scrap yard, DIY'r POS keggle...geez, did you guys follow the link?

That's a GOOD price. Don't feel bad and I wouldn't DEMAND that they honor the online shipping price, but I'd "mention your dissatisfaction" to a manager and see what they're prepared to do for you.

:)

Spyk'd said:
Uhm, also this is SABCO and it is a brand new, sexy/gorgeous keg, not some dreg of a scrap yard, DIY'r POS keggle...geez, did you guys follow the link?

That's a GOOD price. Don't feel bad and I wouldn't DEMAND that they honor the online shipping price, but I'd "mention your dissatisfaction" to a manager and see what they're prepared to do for you.

:)

They are not brand new. They are pre-owned. aka "Used" but guaranteed to be leak free. Good enough for me.

They have an issue w/ the website. I believe the $6.50 is their flat rate shipping charge for small items. No different than if you ordered cornies or 50lbs of grain from Northern Brewer or Austin HBS.

Schlenkerla said:
They are not brand new. They are pre-owned. aka "Used" but guaranteed to be leak free. Good enough for me.

They have an issue w/ the website. I believe the $6.50 is their flat rate shipping charge for small items. No different than if you ordered cornies or 50lbs of grain from Northern Brewer or Austin HBS.

Oh wow, I missed that...and all this time...

Still, they did the work of taking up the whole 'legal' keg heat for you. Worth the money!

;)

bigben said:
I guess you people don't read threads.
Spyk'd said:
...geez, did you guys follow the link?

Settle down boys, I wasn't complaining about the price. Yes I did follow the link and read the threads, how else would I know how much they cost?

I was merely voicing my surprise at how much they sell for, not saying they were a bad deal.

I purchased my Kegerator used with all of the bits and the guy threw in 5 X 50L kegs. I have used them for a few brews and will most likely keep at least 3 of them for brewing big batches. I hadn't even considered cutting one up and using it for a cooker, but now I realise that's what a lot of you guys use.

Off to my mate's machine shop..... :)

Shipping goes down with the more of them you order. 1=$22 2=$32

May have to get a couple ;)

Back