Built my BIAB Hoist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Overkill,Most likely.
I call it the "Dead mans hoist" :D
I wanted something for a heavier 10G grain bill I could crank up,let drain,roll away from the pot, and drop down in a tub.Easily with no mess no fuss. So I built this.It cranks the basket from all the way in the pot to just above rim in maybe 5 seconds.It weighs maybe 10-12 pounds and Ill be able to bring it into my basement or garage without to much trouble for storage.The hoist (HF ATV winch)has a lock brake that I could hang off of.Should make brew day real easy.$35 total including hoist.Not to shabby.

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

I brew in my garage and use an engine hoist that I had in storage. Definitely overkill, but it works great.

Sweet set up! I use a boat winch with a pulley mounted to my garage ceiling- also overkill, but I like the portability of your hoist. Prost!:mug:

Given how much overkill I think this build is, I'd HATE to see what you'd come up with!! :)

Nice build!!

It would be ridiculous if I went all out. This one is pretty massive for what it does. I tend to way overbuild everything but I usually don't have any problems.... besides weight and size. :ban:

Latest posts

Back