It lives!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Thank You Thank You Thank You
After over month of research,ordering and endless questions. IT HAS LIFE!!
Thanks to all that helped me along the way.A major nod to Augiedoggy for responding to all questions and PM's.Steam comin out of that thar' pot.In Z kitchen!
Now to tune it in and figure out how to make great beer.But that's for another day...Today..Im good!!!

009.jpg

Glad to see its working! Congrats man its a good feeling accomplishing it yourself isnt it?

:off:
I just quit working on my setup for the night... Bought some new pots and trying to drill holes.. For some reason im not having good luck with these step bits even though they are the same brand I used lest time... Oh well Time for a homebrew :)

Exactly how basic I want mine thanks. Did you do the control box? Any prior electrical experience?

Wiring the control panel is as easy as x goes here Y goes there.And that info youll find here.If I remember right you had a funky lookin 30amp outlet.If that outlet is a 30amp 3 wire outlet basicly plug your spa panel into that and it will work. And no I have no electrical experience.Go one step at a time and double check everything and you should be fine.If I had to do it again it would be a one day job. Starting from scratch INCLUDING the pot Im at about $500.So youll know where your at

Wiring the control panel is as easy as x goes here Y goes there.And that info youll find here.If I remember right you had a funky lookin 30amp outlet.If that outlet is a 30amp 3 wire outlet basicly plug your spa panel into that and it will work. And no I have no electrical experience.Go one step at a time and double check everything and you should be fine.If I had to do it again it would be a one day job. Starting from scratch INCLUDING the pot Im at about $500.So youll know where your at

Cool... I snagged a 5500 with cord and tri clover enclosure, have a 9 gallon pot and keggle already, and my father just removed his 30a GFCI breaker from his old spa when they got rid of it... just need to work up a controller and going with a 1-1/2" TC Solder On flange from brewhardware.com. Thanks!

I like your box :D

Seriously that's a pretty slick straight forward system. Have fun with it!!

Looks like a Dewalt sander/tool box. or a ghostbusters containment trap...
We have a winner! Dewalt palm sander case was sitting in the basement forever waiting to get thrown out.
I wish it was a containment trap...Id suck up a few ghosts from my past

MOAR PICS!!!!!!!!!

Like, of inside that toolbox of the wiring and close ups of the comonents please.
I'm goig electrc as well and amlooking to build something similar to what you've done here.

MOAR PICS!!!!!!!!!

Like, of inside that toolbox of the wiring and close ups of the comonents please.
I'm goig electrc as well and amlooking to build something similar to what you've done here.

If your looking for enclosure ideas, an old ammo box or better yet plastic enclosure from the electric ise at the home depot or lowes will work great too... thats what I used rather than fight with all that cutting and drilling in a big conductive metal enclosure...

Back