LHBS in Northern (Vicenza) Italy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerWhale

Reaction score
I've been living in Vicenza, Italy for about a year now, and finally stumbled across a great LHBS in the Veneto. The store is called 'Pinta', and is located in Marostica, about 40 minutes from Vicenza. Address: Via Marsan 28/A - 36063 Marostica (VI) (www.pinta.it) You can visit the store, and they also deliver all over Italy.

They can speak English. The business is family owned, and offers extremely competent and courteous service. The store has everything a homebrewer could need (minus kegging equipment, but hopefully coming soon); extract, all kinds of grain, equipment, bottles, everything. Excellent prices, maybe even better than the US, thanks to the EuroZone and the fact that so many of their malts and hops come from Germany, Belgium, and UK (but also US, AU, NZ).

This is not meant to be an advertisement... I'm simply expressing my joy at finally finding a quality, LOCAL LHBS in Veneto. Homebrewers in northern Italy can sympathize with me, paying 6 Euro for expired dry yeast from the hardware store, the complete lack of whole grains or fresh or un-hopped extract, etc..., or doubling the cost of ingredients to ship from the US.

I'd also like to reach out to any other homebrewers in the Veneto. I'm sure there must be more of us out there, so let's organize! If you're in Italy, if you're in Veneto, if you've read this far, please reach out. We have another thread here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=495194

Anyway, hope this thread helps any other wayward brewers searching for resources in Italy. Cheers!

Thank you for the info that you posted. I'm an American (civilian) also living in Vicenza and I just started getting into home brewing. I am only doing extracts at the moment, and I thought I would never be able to move up to AG because of the lack of availability of resources here, but luckily I found this post and went to Pinta last Friday. As you said, not to make this sound like an advertisement, but it's such a relief to find a quality LHBS in this area. Thanks again, as I too was so tired of paying 6 Euro for crappy yeast at Brico...

I agree, we should organize! Hopefully, some other Veneto brewers will see this and jump in. Sa spetito!

I am a new home Brewer in Vicenza, heading to pinta today to check it out. Seems like there is a good amount of us, any thoughts on a Vincenza brewing club?

I'm trying to find a good local place for winemaking supplies and I came across this forum. I'm an American working in Vicenza as well. I'd be interested in a winemaking club. More immediately, is anyone going to Pinta's today (Saturday)? It looks like a great place to get supplies, but it's a bit of a haul from where I live. I'm looking to see if you guys might be up for saving on some trips up there by carpooling or picking up supplies for each other. ct

@ Chief, I would definitely be interested in a club, or at least a meeting to discuss info/experience and of course sample beer. Are you aware of other brewers in the area who are not up on this forum?

@ ColliBerici, I generally head up there about once every other month, sometimes once a month. I will PM you when I plan to go up again.

So just got stationed here and was curious if a group has been started here or not.

I'm trying to find a good local place for winemaking supplies and I came across this forum. I'm an American working in Vicenza as well. I'd be interested in a winemaking club. More immediately, is anyone going to Pinta's today (Saturday)? It looks like a great place to get supplies, but it's a bit of a haul from where I live. I'm looking to see if you guys might be up for saving on some trips up there by carpooling or picking up supplies for each other. ct
Hey I came across this home winemaking store in Soave. (www.tebaldi.it)

@stanberry- Welcome to Italy. Let's start an official group!

@ColliBerici- Sorry, but I just saw your message now. If you're looking for wine making supplies, you're in the right area. There are a ton of farm supply type shops outside of Vicenza that sell everything you need. I think the hardest part will be finding a source for the grapes.

So is Pinta got a pretty good selection for all grains? Also, anybody have experience kegging?
@BrewScandol Im down still waiting on my household goods and what not, probably start a batch around end of feb time frame.

So is Pinta got a pretty good selection for all grains? Also, anybody have experience kegging?
@BrewScandol Im down still waiting on my household goods and what not, probably start a batch around end of feb time frame.

Pinta has tons of selection for both all grain and extract. They are flush with a variety of ingredients, but are a bit light in their equipment offerings. If you are looking for equipment like kegging supplies, I recommend you check out Mr. Malt or Birra Mia. All three places will deliver right to your doorstep as well. (Italian address, not APO.)

Last edited:
Colliberici, for winemaking there is a great place down in Barbarano near the old RR tracks (now a bike/walking path). I can't remember the name but it is basically a farm /vineyard supply with all of the wine making supplies. There is a winery across the road that makes pretty good stuff and always seemed happy to talk. My Italian was mediocre at best and I managed. Also, the hardware store near the Iper in Ponte di Barbarano has a lot of good brewing/wine making equipment. The place looks like a tornado went through, but they have tons of stuff if you are willing to look and ask if you don't see it.

I assume by your name that you live up in the hills. I lived in Zovencedo for a few years, at the top of the Colli Berici. Craft brewing was starting to take off in Italy. Homebrewing was growing with it.

I wish I was still there. Be sure to check out some of the Italian craft brews. They use some traditional grains that are very interesting, as well as some native/wild hops.

Hello! I am not in Veneto but Le Marche. Camerino to be more specific. Does anyone know of home brewing resources in the area? I do not know anyone or anything in the area! Thanks!

I am also a local Vicenza homebrewer and love Pinta. I am late to this thread, but I would be very interested in a local brew club.

Latest posts

Back