Where are the coolant lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrewcrew

Reaction score
I am converting a Magic Chef 440YW-2 into a tower kegerator. It has a freezer compartment and that is where the coolant runs into the fridge. Does anybody know if there is anything on the top I need to watch out for when drilling the hole with the hole saw? How do I find them and know where to drill?

I was wondering what you ended up doing here.

I have a 440YW-1. I drilled holes in the side of the fridge for the CO2, narrowly missing the coolant lines. I didn't realize that they ran through the sides (amateur I know). I am now wanting to add the tower to the top but am skeptical on drilling the top. What kind of information did you find out about this?

There's a thread about locating coolant lines. As I recall, you turn on the frige, then mix up a solution of baking soda and water and paint it on. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

my bad it was corn starch and alcohol. Check out this youtube video and see if it helps ya.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8Pb7d5nZI[/ame]

Back