VT Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester369

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

recently got back into brewing after a 10-12 year haitus. looking forward to picking up where I left off, and improving my beer! :mug:

Erik

Jester369 said:
Hey all,

recently got back into brewing after a 10-12 year haitus. looking forward to picking up where I left off, and improving my beer! :mug:

Erik
Welcome back to brewing and welcome to HBT!:mug:
I think you will see many improvements with ingredients and equipment.

Hey Jester, Welcome aboard! there are 2 of us in springfield, and we have planned to get together, but it hasn't happened yet. I am new to the area, but I am pretty sure your only 40 minutes away or so... we 3 should do some brew damage together... Enjoy the board, and I have still not read that thread yet

I am also coming back after a similar hiatus...

Jester369 said:
Thanks guys!

North Central VT (Stowe)

Lord Master EAC - glad I read that thread! :D

I got married in Stowe! My wife is from Fletcher, a small town on the other side of the mountain. She grew up going to Smuggs.

FRom Central VT (Bethel)

I did some home brewing 20 or so years ago B.K. (before kids). The youngest heads off to college in the fall :) so I'm looking at some retirement projects.

In the past I used MontMillich (sp?) malt and actually grew my own hops. I remember brewing in 5 gallon plastic pails, washing bottles in the bathtub and priming the bottles with corn sugar before bottling. I bought supplies from the Brick Store in Strafford VT & Honey Gardens in W. Lebanon NH (both gone).

I've got a lot of questions about kits, carboys, sources for bottles, books, etc.

Pleased to have found this site.

I thought I would chime in - seeing a fellow Vermonter is always a cool thing since we are such a small state pop. wise.

Welcome!

I live in Bridgewater, close to Long Trail Brewery.

Fellow Vermonters -

Glad to see your posts, and I hope to meet u someday at a local homebrew club - any suggestions ??

Glib mentioned something about hosting another get-together in the not-too-distant future; be great to see some new faces there. If that falls though, I'll host something next month.

Back