Show me your Beer Dispensing Units!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Ok people, so far I'm completely impressed by the ingenuity that some of you have shown in building various tools for this hobby. Now, I want to see your kegarators and other beer dispensers you've build or bought, so post some pictures here! I could use inspiration to get off my ass and build something. Thanks!

This is the beginning.

LR-Tap-Handle.jpg

Soon there will be 3 faucets and 3 custom tap handles. This one was made by a good friend in San Antonio who makes custom grilling tools.

Yea Monster Mash...holy crap! Wonder what the girl who thinks..."OOOO Wine!!!!" when she gets her first sip...

bottlebeer12.jpg

It may be a bit rudimentary, but the end result is the same: beer. in. my. glass.

And yes, I'm jealous of all you "I have a bar with a bunch of taps" bastards... :p

johnsma22 - Did you make that kegerator or is that store bought? I like being able to fit 3 cornies & the CO2 in there...

edost said:
johnsma22 - Did you make that kegerator or is that store bought? I like being able to fit 3 cornies & the CO2 in there...

It is a pre-made kegerator that I got from The Beverage Factory. It is the Sanyo BC-1206. I got the cheaper one with the single tap tower because I knew that I was going to build my own tower. So basically I just paid for a fridge on wheels with a hole drilled in the top, and did the rest myself.

I also did not like the uneven floor. It was originally designed to fit a commercial keg, so there are grooves formed into the floor to fit runners in so that you can slide in a heavy commercial keg. The Corney kegs and the CO2 tank would not sit properly, so I found a local metal fab company and had them fab me up a piece of stainless steel plate to use as a solid base. In order to fit 3 kegs in there, the two in the back must be of the single handle ball lock type. I found them on ebay. You could use the typical double handle ball lock kegs, but you would have to cut off one of the handles with a sawzall. The guy who runs my LHBS did just that. The reason for this is because of the lack of clearance on top due to the compressor bump out on the Sanyo unit.

EdWort said:
Nice Tower John! I take it you changed out the old one. Are those Perlick or Ventamatic faucets?

Thanks Ed. As I stated above, I assembled my own tower. It is a 3" diameter, 14" tall brushed stainless steel tower from ACU, and stainless steel shanks from Micromatic. The original 1 tap tower was a plastic piece of junk with a chrome plated standard faucet. The faucets are Perlicks. They work beautifully I might add. CO2 tank and regulators also from Micromatic and all other hardware is from Northern Brewer.

John

Recently picked this up and will try to add the Nitrogen system to the mix in the coming weeks.
The N2 mix tank is filled and only awaits the right recipe.

3712-7a_11.jpg

I also have 2 secondary regulators to hook up for soda and condtioning (the ones that david42 posted in another thread).

I plan on either having the Murphy go in the #4 spot and never opening the freeer (tap is too tall) or adding the #5 hole just to the left of the handle about 3" lowere than the rest.

If I need to do a beer roadie the Jockey box will travel with the bar medallion.

Need some nicer handles than the stock ones but your basic fridge kegerator.

574-VentmaticTap3-web.JPG

574-kegs1-web.JPG

If I could only get the wifes stuff on the left out of there; I'd be in much better shape!

desertBrew said:
Need some nicer handles than the stock ones but your basic fridge kegerator.

You need the short ones like I have.

It seems as though the shorter they are, the older they are and subsequently the more expensive. Especially the ball type.

This sweet one is 56 on ebay.

bergtap.jpg

olllllo said:
You need the short ones like I have.

One of the rare times that is preferred in this instance. :eek:

Hey, is your kegerator outside (garage)? It looks like you have your co2 tank not in the fridge. Mine is in the back screened in porch and it would be nice to get tank out of there but the heat thing. No direct sunlight though. I could fit 3 kegs then without disturbing the wifes side...

EDIT - No, don't think I can fit 3...

desertBrew said:
Hey, is your kegerator outside (garage)? It looks like you have your co2 tank not in the fridge.

The serving fridge is in the laundry room and the tanks (20# CO2 and 5# N2/CO2) are on the right side of the fridge on the floor. Plans are to plumb a sink on that side and stow the tanks in the base cabinet. 20# will be a tight fit and I may have to cut the false floor of the cabinet.

I have had the tank on the outside when my set up was entirely in the garage. No issues. I always wanted to buy the appropriate mounting bracket, but never did. BTW: Most welding shops are in non HVAC situations, but not in the sun. Not sure that matters. You ever see the open top Prax-Air trucks care about the sun?

I think you would have to make your own shelving to get a third keg in and still have (reduced) SWMBO storage.

johnsma22 said:
It is a pre-made kegerator that I got from The Beverage Factory. It is the Sanyo BC-1206.

Yeah, I have a Haier from Costco. It has a little hump in the back left corner where the compressor is. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 Cornies in there. Tthe bottom has a piece of flat stainless to slide a 1/2 barrel back in there. All you have to do is lift the edge up on it and then push it back.

Kegerator-Inside.jpg

It was a pretty cool deal at $449 complete (Best Fathers Day gift EVER!). I only had to buy a Keg Coupler, fill the CO2 and buy some beer.

I'm going to mount a manifold and install the 3 faucet tower and them I'm good.

I pulled a beer for the first time with my new Perlick faucet. It seems to foam more than my old cheapy model. I used to be able to start a glass for about 3 seconds till the stream cleared of foam, then pour a new glass without much head till I wanted it.

I have to get used to the Perlick now.

EdWort said:
Yeah, I have a Haier from Costco. It has a little hump in the back left corner where the compressor is. I'm pretty sure I can get 3 Cornies in there. Tthe bottom has a piece of flat stainless to slide a 1/2 barrel back in there. All you have to do is lift the edge up on it and then push it back.

Kegerator-Inside.jpg

It was a pretty cool deal at $449 complete (Best Fathers Day gift EVER!). I only had to buy a Keg Coupler, fill the CO2 and buy some beer.

I'm going to mount a manifold and install the 3 faucet tower and them I'm good.

I pulled a beer for the first time with my new Perlick faucet. It seems to foam more than my old cheapy model. I used to be able to start a glass for about 3 seconds till the stream cleared of foam, then pour a new glass without much head till I wanted it.

Yeah, a friend of mine from my home brew club has the Haier unit. He loves it and says that he has no problems fitting 3 cornies and his CO2 tank in it. I went with the Sanyo just because it has a larger, wrap around cold plate. I did steal the idea from the Haier unit for the stainless steel plate on the floor. All the manufacturers should do that!

John

EdWort said:

I have adjustable faucets on my tower and they make all the difference in the world...cuts the foaming WAY down. You can acheive this by balancing the system with hose length, but the adjustable faucets give you some nice flexibility. If I switch from an english style to a belgian style I can crank the pressure way up and still not worry about excessive foaming.

alemonkey said:
I have adjustable faucets on my tower and they make all the difference in the world...cuts the foaming WAY down.

Sounds very cool!

What brand of faucet are you using and how do you adjust them.

Honestly, I don't know - they came with my tower. I bought the tower brand new on ebay for around $150, which is a steal for a ceramic tower. If anyone wants one like it the seller's name is beer_eh. He usually has quite a few.

EdWort said:
Sounds very cool!

What brand of faucet are you using and how do you adjust them.

As a Beerologist I felt it quite important to have a place to store my specimans.

795142kegerator.jpg

I suppose I should add a few more comments about this "Ber" frigerator. I only have $370 bucks in it. I got 4 kegs in it.. It's only a 3/4 frig. One of those little ones. The frig it self only cost me 20 bucks. The tank on top is not in use.. Only a spare and is coming off top. I'm a sign guy and plan on painting this or vinyl wrapping. Have to come up with a design.. Thought of painting it like a "Square" keg.. Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh, yea one more thing.. It's on wheels.

See [ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=barmaids&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS252US252&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=[/ame]

:rockin:

-a.

It's always awesome to see what crafty things HBT'ers have come up with.

Here's my little slice of "this is why every other project in my house hasn't been finished yet"

finished_bar.jpg

and (faucets have been upgraded to perlicks now)

barmats.jpg

Other side

barmats2.jpg

and finally, the fridge box

done_bar4.jpg

Ok people, so far I'm completely impressed by the ingenuity that some of you have shown in building various tools for this hobby. Now, I want to see your kegarators and other beer dispensers you've build or bought, so post some pictures here! I could use inspiration to get off my ass and build something. Thanks!
Here is my keezer.

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_171120_878.jpg
    IMG_20200717_171120_878.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 27
Back