raspberry wheat bottled...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
well i bottled my raspberry today and it was purdy! :rockin:

i was rather worried about it as it was in the secondary looking alot like sludge..but after some isinglass and some pectin enzyme it cleared right out..bottled it today...

beautiful color and though it seems a bit on the "overload" of raspberry it sure tastes good to me! i cant wait for some carbonation to hit and drink it on a nice summer day..

thought id share a few pics so you too could enjoy it!

the cherry turned out pretty good to and has about 2 more weeks on conditioning as soon as its ready ill let ya know!!

1zf4lm9.jpg

1zf4m0i.jpg

i used raspberry puree in the secondary...

now i made a full batch but only did half raspberry..the other half i did cherry with extract..this is the full recipe...with the raspberry i did one can oregon raspberry puree in the secondary...

3.3 lbs light malt extract
4.95 lbs wheat extract
1 oz tettnanger hops
3056 Wyeast Bavarian Wheat

2.5 gallons water in wort..after boil add extract.. after 15 minus add hops

really simple and really good... the cherry tasted really good too..its got about 2 more weeks to condition in the bottle.. and now the raspberry is bottled.. i cannot wait for it to be ready.. now it is a really strong raspberry taste which i wanted .. sailman was not too fond of it.. but it was a girl beer! :)

:eek: Im hoping that the raspberry will tone down a bit with bottle conditioning, imho it was like having a mouthful of berries. However thats what BLG likes so its fine by me. She has to drink it. :eek:

Latest posts

Back