Pushing the limits of a COFI Brew Boss system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00ps

Reaction score
I have a 10gal COFI Brew Boss system that has just enough capacity for OGs up to 1.065 or so. I wouldve gotten a 15gal, but it didnt come in 120V versions. Anyway, when I get too far above 1.060, the grains will start coming out the top a bit unless I turn the recirculation volume down very low (which I suspect results in less efficiency)

I was looking for ways to seal the top with still being able to take off the top and I saw one of the back plates of my old beer shanks. I found this thing fits PERFECTLY around the central pole in the COFI and prevents nearly anything from coming out. I can now run my pump fully open without issue. Just though I'd share in case anything had the same problem

Sorry for the blurry photo. I only took one quick one and didnt notice until now

20150829_195431.jpg

yeah. Ive found if I want to go too much higher than 1.060 or so, I need to use a decent portion of rye or wheat since they are more dense. Sugars work too since I mainly do IPAs and Belgians

Back