Show us your STC-1000+ Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun for people to share their fermentation schedules they use on the STC-1000+...

I have 3 that I use from Brulosophy for Ale, Lager and Hybrid...

Anybody else want to comment or share?

Duration in hours

Ale
Temp Setpoint Step Duration
SP0 66 dh0 72 24
SP1 66 dh1 12 12
SP2 70 dh2 72 2
SP3 70 dh3 60 12
SP4 33 dh4 0 7

Hybrid
SP0 58 dh0 72
SP1 58 dh1 24
SP2 68 dh2 120
SP3 68 dh3 48
SP4 33 dh4 0

Quick Lager
SP0 48 dh0 120
SP1 48 dh1 120
SP2 65 dh2 72
SP3 65 dh3 65
SP4 33 dh4 0

Here's one I just did. It gives me an extra few weeks at the end in case I can't get to it in time.

Fizzy Yellow Beer.JPG

Here's one I just did. It gives me an extra few weeks at the end in case I can't get to it in time.

Just as a tip, there's no need to add time to the end of the profile. After a profile ends, it will switch to thermostat mode with the last known setpoint (and hold that indefinately).

Definitely following this thread. Just using mine for the fist time (Great product!) I'm following the fermentation as it goes, and watch the yeast characteristics/fermentation stages and ramp up temp manually as the days progress. But seeing other profiles is helpful.

Any way you can share that excel file? I could always re-create one, but if you've got it already set up...

Thanks for creating this thread.

Just as a tip, there's no need to add time to the end of the profile. After a profile ends, it will switch to thermostat mode with the last known setpoint (and hold that indefinately).
Thanks Alpha, I miss understood what "switching to thermostat mode" meant. I thought it used the actual thermostat mode setpoint, not the last setpoint in the profile. This is only the second time I have used this, and I can't believe how nice it runs!

When you set dh to 0 it will switch to thermostat mode and maintain that temp indefinitely. So all you needed was to set dh4 to 0. Thanks for sharing your settings.

I just started using mine also. I've done 2 ale fermentations so far. I broke my profile into two parts thus far as I want to decide when I believe fermentation is complete. for the main fermentation I want to start a couple degrees warmer than my target temp to get the yeast active for about 4 hours and then drop to my fermentation temp over the next 4 hours. I enable ramping and have been playing with the hy settings. I've had my hy at .5 to .6 F and hy2 ranging from 10 to 15 F.

So if I want to ferment at 66F I set pr0 as follows...

sp0 - 68.0 dh0 - 4
sp1 - 68.0 dh1- 4
sp2- 66.0 dh2- 0

When I decide that fermentation is about complete, I do a diacetyl rest for 2 days at 68F and crash to 38F over 2 -3 days. So I would set and start pr1 as follows....

sp0 - 66.0 dh0 - 4
sp1 - 68.0 dh1 - 48
sp2 - 68.0 dh2 - 72
sp3 - 38.0 dh3 - 0

So far I'm just thrilled with this controller (Thanks again alphaomega!), I just need to figure out how to fine tune the settings to optimize it's full potential with my system. I can't wait to try this with a lager. I see a Maibock in my future!

Back