Chest Freezer Specs and Layouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exterior is actually 43 1/2" x 24 1/2" with the cardboard. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Holy crap I sure hope everyone who wanted that 10.0 igloo got it in time. It is now back up to $399!!!!! That is insane. I missed out for sure :(

Don't worry about missing it this time. They put them on sale all the time. I'll post how the refrigerator (actually is just the lowest freezer setting) setting works.

I've searched this and other threads and haven't come across the answer, so sorry if I missed it; but does anyone have any info on the Black Igloo 7.2 Cu Ft model FRF470? I'm thinking it's similar to the FRF472 that is listed in the spreadsheet in this thread but can't confirm that, and the exterior dimensions look to be different (at least based on the Walmart site).

I've been on the lookout for a black freezer about this size and am thinking this would be a good option but wanted to verify the dimensions.

It's currently at Walmart for $219 and I've tried googling it but havn't come up with much so far.
(http://www.walmart.com/ip/31136433?...57155061&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=64715206981&veh=sem)

Thanks!

Yeah I love that black one. I almost bought it but talked home depot into dropping their white 7.2 to 179$ and bought it. Walmart lists them both as being 37x36x26 so I imagine it is the exact same fridge, only in black.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Since we made this purchase the igloo unit has held a perfect 38 degree temp! It currently is holding 4 kegs and works great. Best part, no extra controllers needed.

I love mine! Holding 34 degrees at coldest setting and i have 5 corneys with a 2x10 collar. Might even be room for my 2.5 gallon keg in there too with it sideways.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Wow, I am so glad I found this thread before I bought anything! Thanks for all the hard work that went into building this.

Thanks bowman for that picture of your freezer with the ball locks inside for reference. Does anybody know how many pin locks would fit in it? (I'm going back to talking about the Igloo - 10.0 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer that has been on sale at Best Buy.)

Does anybody have the interior measurements for it?

Best Buy has the Igloo 10 cu. ft. on sale again. I'm debating whether I should buy it or not. It's bigger than I need, but the extra room kind of gives me a small fridge for bottles and other drinks, plus I don't have to buy a temp controller. I assume still no issues with desired temps from anyone?

Best Buy has the Igloo 10 cu. ft. on sale again. I'm debating whether I should buy it or not. It's bigger than I need, but the extra room kind of gives me a small fridge for bottles and other drinks, plus I don't have to buy a temp controller. I assume still no issues with desired temps from anyone?

I cannot speak on behalf of the 10.0 but I do have the 7.2 igloo and it maintains fridge temps perfectly. I have it on the lowest refridgerant temp and I pour at 35 degrees. Very happy with it

Does anyone have info on the Idylis 7.0 (here)?

I would like to put 3 ball locks and a 20# CO2 tank in it, but I can't find the interior dimensions to see if it would need a collar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have info on the Idylis 7.0 (here)?

I would like to put 3 ball locks and a 20# CO2 tank in it, but I can't find the interior dimensions to see if it would need a collar.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have one. Interior virtually the same as the GE 7 cu.I can fit 3 pins and a 5# tank with no collar.

I can confirm that the Kenmore 7.2 cu ft 18702 does fit 5 kegs with a 9" collar and would have fit with an 8" collar. My collar is 9", which just happens to be the width of "common board" that I bought. Figuring taller was better than screwing up a rip cut using a circular saw, I just left the collar height.

The fit is tight and isn't going to just let you put the kegs wherever, but the guide provided in the OP's post helps. I have a 5# CO2 tank in there with a single body regulator that I added a second body to, so it is slightly longer.

Frigidaire 14.8cf LFFN15M5HW

Download this specification sheet and layout as a high-resolution printable PDF at Dropbox.

V1lzAvU.png

I can send a picture if necessary but the 9th keg will NOT fit without a collar by about a half an inch. All ball lock.

I can send a picture if necessary but the 9th keg will NOT fit without a collar by about a half an inch. All ball lock.

Does it miss by a little or a lot? Some people do well by rotating the kegs just right, because they're not usually round, but oval. Plus, a lot of people take a rasp to the rubber bumpers and that frees up a lot more space than you'd think.

Does it miss by a little or a lot? Some people do well by rotating the kegs just right, because they're not usually round, but oval. Plus, a lot of people take a rasp to the rubber bumpers and that frees up a lot more space than you'd think.

This.

If I rotate the kegs in my 15 cu ft Maytag, it can mean the difference of up to 2" by the time I work all the way from left to right.

Danby 7.0cf DCF700W1

Download this specification sheet and layout as a high-resolution printable PDF at Dropbox.

1HFCF2u.png

****WARNING****
Ball lock Cornelius kegs will not fit with the standard disconnects on. They are about 1/2" too tall and the lids rests on the lines where they exit the disconnects. The top must be spaced or the inside of the lid needs to be cut. I suggest a 3/4" spacer.
Also a 5# tank will not fit on the hump without a collar

****WARNING****
Ball lock Cornelius kegs will not fit with the standard disconnects on. They are about 1/2" too tall and the lids rests on the lines where they exit the disconnects. The top must be spaced or the inside of the lid needs to be cut. I suggest a 3/4" spacer.
Also a 5# tank will not fit on the hump without a collar

Seems about right. Looks like an extremely close fit in the pics. :)

Kenmore 8.8 cu ft 16922

SdvoiKc.png

Kenmore 8.8 cu ft 16949

Duplicate model of [post=5616149]Kenmore 8.8 cu ft 16922[/post].

Differences:
  1. Color -- black

Since finding and reading Quaffer's excellent Keezer thread, I ordered one of the Kenmore freezers on this list from Sears. So it delivered today (black model 16949) and the actual dimensions are not as listed here or on Sears' current website. It came up about 1.5 inches shallower, which subsequently changes what layouts work.

The actual depth is 21.75". The length and height were within an 1/8 to 1/4" so no issue there. Here is the layout I am gunning for:

Cheers!

Thanks for the awesome thread! I just bought the 5.0 Haier and I was going to send you the specs because it wasn't detailed here. Then I read in the 'notes' section of the 5.0 Holiday that that one is also marketed as the Haier 5.0 - it might be helpful to notify folks about that detail in the Haier 5.0 placeholder.

Danby 3.6cf DCF401W1

Reserved.

I looked all over for specs on this thing. Scored one on Craigslist for $50. Fits a 6.5 gallon bucket with room to spare.

Brand Name, Capacity and Model Number
Danby 3.6cu-ft DCF401W
Colors Available
White
Availability
In-store, Online, Craigslist
Everyday Pricing
$199 @ costco.ca, $169 @ homedepot.ca, $179 @ walmart.ca
Exterior Dimensions
25-1/4" W x 22-1/4" D x 32-1/2" H
Interior Dimensions
19-1/4" W x 15" D x 25-1/4" H
Compressor Hump Size
7-3/4" W x 15" D x 8-3/4" H

61QGiF7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/61QGiF7.jpg

I have the Holiday 7 cubic ft. freezer, LCM070LC, and I am unable to get 4 ball lock kegs in it. It is really close, but definitely does not fit. I'm about 1/4 inch over the hump. The FAQ indicates that ball lock kegs are only 8 3/8" diameter instead of the specified 8 1/2, but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine. I put a fabric tape measure around them and they are 26.75" in circumference which computes pretty close to 8 1/2" in diameter. And the rubber base and top is even larger.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any advice for me? I've taken a rasp to the rubber top and bottom, but I still can't get them to fit.

Does anybody have pictures showing how to remove the hinges on the Danby 10 cubic chest freezer. I am also looking for instructions on re-attaching it to the collar.
Thanks

The Danby 5.5 cu ft will not hold 3 ball locks on the floor. At least not mine. Made the mistake of trying to shove the third one down because it is close to being able to fit and it was not fun to get it back out. lol

Does anybody have pictures showing how to remove the hinges on the Danby 10 cubic chest freezer. I am also looking for instructions on re-attaching it to the collar.
Thanks

Hinges are usually 4 screws on each end on the backside. Pretty straightforward.

Just found this thread and the freezer information, this is in reply to the original post.

Thadius, Dude - this is freaking awesome! Thanks so much for the extremely high quality information here. I'm embarking on a project now and this has saved enormous research effort and time - you da bomb!

I just purchased the GE FCM7DUWW and it will only fit 3 ball locks. It has the exact interior and exterior dimensions as the FCM7SUWW. Anyone have any experience with this one?

Plan to have one 1/2 barrel, one 50 litre barrel (so it will be smaller than picture) and one 1/6 barrel plus two c02 tanks (5# one with beer gas and one with c02)

rough picture but I'm hoping it will fit

Danby.jpg

Back